Name of Regional Directorate: Bhubaneswar
Address: Ground Floor, Alok Bharti Tower, Sahid Nagar, Bhubaneswar – 751 007
Name of Regional Director: Shri Shardul S. Jadhav
Contact details: Ph: 0674-2542107, Fax: 0674-2545874, E-mail: ro.bhubaneswarncdc.in
Google Map link (Route map of Directorate):
Cooperatives in the State: Odisha
Category of Societies
|1||State Level Cooperative Organizations (representing Marketing, Dairy Handloom Weavers, Fishermen, Sericulture, Oilseed, Sheep & Goat, Credit and Banking)||23|
|2||District Central Co-operative Banks||17|
|3||Primary Agricultural Cooperative Societies||2708|
|4||Urban Cooperative Banks||11|
|5||Regional Cooperative Marketing Societies||51|
|6||Cooperative Agricultural Rural Development Banks||45|
|7||Cooperative Sugar Mills||3|
|8||Consumer Cooperative Societies||176|
|9||Employee Credit Societies and Credit Cooperative Societies||1048|
|10||Primary Fishermen Cooperative Societies||1082|
Implementation of NCDC Programmes in Odisha:
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2020, NCDC has provided total assistance of Rs.3291.133 crore benefiting various Cooperative projects/units as below:
|S. No.||Scheme/Activity||Disbursements in 2019-20||Cumulative Disbursement as on 31-03-2020 (Rs. in crore)|
|1||Marketing & Inputs||1.6||44.95|
|7||Storage& Cold Storage||0.147||26.84|
|8||Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP)||31.496|
|10||Service & Agri. Credit||3100.00|
|11||Assistance for Computerization||0.16|
Sector wise cumulative disbursements & Cumulative disbursement as on 31-03-2020 (Rs in crore)
Achievements during last 5 years (Up to 31.03.2020)
Assistance(Rs. in crore)
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant achievements/ issues during the above period:
- Promotion of Cooperatives - Primary Coop. Societies, Apex Federation and Autonomous societies including Women Cooperatives
- Working Capital support of Rs.6.20 crore to Apex Federation, Dairy Coop. & Women Cooperative.
- Started funding Dairy Co-operatives (Milk Union) for Rs.2.00 crores
- Successfully encouraged Cooperatives in availing of assistance under direct funding schemes of NCDC
New Initiatives in the Region during Year F.Y. 2019-20:
- 300 Primary level Cooperatives target was given under Nurture the Primary Cooperatives - initiative of NCDC out of which 291 Primary Level Cooperatives have been nurtured by the officials of RO Bhubaneswar.
- Regional Training Center, Bhubaneswar of Laxmanrao Inamdar National Academy for Cooperative Research and Development (LINAC) conducted four training Programmes - “Business Development and Assets Management” for two batches on 6th and 7thAugust 2019 , “General Management in Primary Level Cooperatives” on 21 November 2019 & “Accounts & Book Keeping in Primary Level Cooperatives” on 04.03.2020.
- Encouraging Marketing Societies for availing financial assistance from NCDC under Agriculture Marketing Infrastructure (AMI) scheme.
Development Opportunities in the State through Cooperatives:
- The traditional areas like Margin Money Assistance & Working Capital assistance for business expansion to Primary Level Cooperatives will be given further boost in the State.
- The potential of Weaker Section Cooperatives like Fisheries, Tribal, Handlooms and Women will be further tapped.
- Possibilities for creation of infrastructure for Storage and Marketing and Input needs of apex federations like (FISHFED and MARKFED) will be further explored.
- Nurturing of Primary Cooperatives – Field visits will be undertaken to collect information for nurturing primary level cooperatives as well as generate proposals for business will be further explored.
- Regional Office, Bhubaneswar will provide 6 one day training programs to management and board of cooperatives for nurturing primary level cooperatives.
India International Cooperatives Trade Fair, October, 2019
The first ever India International Cooperatives Trade Fair (IICTF) conceived as a major platform to promote exports of Indian key agriculture commodities and products as per the goals set under the Agriculture Export Policy, 2018, was held at Pragati Maidan between 11-13 October, 2019. From Odisha, four Cooperatives participated as an exhibitors in IICTF, TDCCOL also received “IICTF Award of Excellence” in India International Cooperative Trade Fair, 2019 for excellent performance in the trade fair. 8 B2B meeting were conducted and also 8 Memorandum of Interests (MoIs) were signed.
Tribal Development Cooperative Corporation of Odisha Limited receiving “IICTF Award of Excellence” in India International Cooperative Trade Fair
- Self Employment Mahila Cooperative Organization Ltd. (SEMCO) - Provided financial support and the Women society has opened retail outlet and also providing short term loan to its women members facilitating in doubling their income
- Swyamshree Mahila Samabaya Samiti Ltd. - This Women Cooperative Society is doing Credit business, etc, which is assisted by NCDC, and their achievement is worth stimulating.
- Provided financial support to 02 Primary Agriculture Cooperative Societies (PACS) for creation of infrastructure and 06 No. of PACS for margin money for their business development and undertaking the business like paddy procurement & sale of fertilizer, seeds, Pesticides, function as retail outlet agents for distribution of PDS, ST/MT loaning, etc.
NCDC Regional Awards for year 2018-19:
|Excellence:-The Baner Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society Ltd., At/P.O. Baner, Village Jaipatna District Kalahandi.||PACS|
|Merit:- Santoshpur Service Cooperative Society, At – Santoshpur PO – Vellora, PS – Basta, Dist Balasore|
|Excellence:- Samudrika Machhya Utpadaka Banijya Bikash Prathamika Sambaya Samiti Ltd., At – Fishery Harbour, Sector-21, Paradeep, Dist. - Jagatsinghpur||SPECIAL CATEGORY (FISHERIES)|
(Regional Award Function held on 19.12.2018 at Madhusudan Institute of Cooperative Management, Bhubaneswar)