Name of Regional Directorate: Shimla
Jurisdiction: Himachal Pradesh
Complete Address of Regional Directorate: Gargey Niwas, Near Govt. High School, Lower Kaithu, Shimla –171003, Himachal Pradesh.
Name of Regional Director: Shri Rakesh Verma
Contact details of Regional Directorate: Ph:0177-2657689 Fax: 0177-2658735, E-mail: [email protected]
Google Map link (Route map of Directorate): https://goo.gl/maps/KAr8M7v6JyfEEZDw9
Cooperatives in Himachal Pradesh:
|S.No.||Category of Societies||Number|
|A.||Credit Coop Societies|
|i.||Apex - Bank||1|
|The H.P. State Co-operative Bank Ltd.|
|ii.||Apex - ARD Bank||1|
|The HP State Co-Operative Agriculture & Rural Development Bank|
|iii.||Secondary Coop Soc. - DCCBs||2|
|Jogindra Central Cooperative Bank Limited.|
|The Kangra Central Co-operative Bank Ltd.|
|iv.||Primary Co-operative Societies||1|
|Kangra Primary Cooperative Agricultural and Rural Development Bank|
|Urban Coop Banks||5|
|The Shimla Urban Cooperative Bank Limited|
|The Parwanoo Urban Co-Operative Bank Limited|
|The Baghat Urban Co-Operative Bank Ltd|
|Mandi Urban Cooperative Bank Ltd|
|Chamba Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd|
|Primary Agriculture Coop Societies (PACS)||2119|
|v.||Thrift & Credit Coop Societies||438|
|B.||Non Credit Coop Societies||2323|
Implementation of NCDC Programmes:
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2021, NCDC has provided total disbursement of Rs. 941.98 crore benefitting various cooperative projects/units as follows:
|S.No.||Scheme/Activity||Cumulative Disbursement as on
31.03.2021 (Rs. in crore)
|1||Marketing & Inputs||217.46|
|9||Service & Agri. Credit||300.38|
Sector wise cumulative disbursements
Achievements during last 5 years (Up to 31.03.2021):
(Rs. in crore)
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant Achievements/ issues during the last 5 years (2016-17 to 2020-21):
- Promoted cooperative movement in the State at all levels i.e. from Primary to Apex Federation.
- Toughest areas of HP like Kinnaur and Lahaul & Spiti are also penetrated to explore the opportunity for the development of PACs.
- Provided assistance to cooperatives under direct funding schemes of NCDC. Total sanctions during last five year isRs22.27 Cr under for 64 units.
- In last 5 years PACs have been assisted for construction and up-gradation of Godowns/showrooms in the HP region.
- 2nd Phase of ICDP is ongoing in two districts –Solan & Mandi. 2nd phase of ICDP Una was sanction in the FY 2020-21.
- 4 awards have been received for excellent work in Hindi language from the Chairman, NARAKAS (Department of Official Language Ministry of Home Affairs, GoI).
- Under SAHAKAR-22, target was overachieved for nurturing of primary cooperativesin FY 2019-20 and achieved in 2020-21.
- During 2020-21, RTC Shimla has conducted 3 online trainings for the co-operators/ representatives of PACS.
- An internship has been successfully completed under Sahakar Mitra scheme of NCDC.
New Initiatives in the Region during F.Y. 2020-21:
- Establishment of Agro Processing Units/FPOs for value addition.
- Promoting activities under PMMSY/AYSHMAN/YUVA Sahakar.
- PACS as Modern Banking Units.
Initiatives for development of Aspirational Districts (identified by NITI Aayog) through Cooperatives:
Frequent visits have been made into the interiors and remote areas of the Chamba district for nurturing of cooperatives, to understand the need of the cooperatives and to convince them for diversification from their existing business. PACs have shown their interest in availing assistance under direct funding scheme. Thrust is given to the early start of 2nd phase of ICDP in the aspirational district (Chamba).
Development Opportunities in the State through Cooperatives:
- 2nd Phase of ICDP in remaining 2 districts
- State-wide Integrated Development for identified sectors/ activities through Cooperative structure
- PMMSY/AYSHMAN/ YUVA SAHAKAR
- Women empowerment through Cooperatives (Handicraft, Handloom items etc.)
- Computerization of Federations / PACS
- Consumer Sector
- Processing units - Fruits and Vegetables
- Cold-chain infrastructure
- Strengthening of Cooperative of high Altitude Area – Milk, Bee-keeping, Wool, Dry fruits, Livestock, Exotic, Herbs & medicinal plants etc.
- High Quality Seed
- Fisheries (Via DAMs/ Reservoirs/ Rivers etc.)
- The Bhutti Weavers Handloom Cooperative Society
Nationally and Internationally known Handloom Cooperative Society located at Kullu. It has won many Awards:
- A National Award Gold in 1993(Ministry of Textiles)
- Udyog Ratna Award in 2005 (PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
- Cooperative Excellency Award in 2009 (NCDC)
- The Yeoman Service and Leadership Textile Industry NISTII-IIT, 2009.
The society also holds an ISO 9001: 2015 certificate for quality practices conforming to international standards and markets its products via thirty five outlets under its own trademark, exhibitions and exports to countries such as: Belgium, France, Great Britain, Russia, Japan, China, Spain and the USA.
Himachal Pradesh State Cooperative Bank Ltd.
The H.P. State Co-operative Bank Ltd. was registered in 1953 and started functioning as an Apex Bank as well as Central Financing Agency under 2-tier system in 6 districts of the State. Now it has a network of 190 branches and Extension Counters. It is a National Award Winner bank, which has been conferred for achieving overall excellence in banking operations. It is the first co-operative bank in India to implement. Total Branch Automation software in all its branches with the financial support of NCDC under CBS computerization projects etc.