Name of Regional Directorate: Shimla
Jurisdiction: Himachal Pradesh & Ladakh
Address: Gargey Niwas, near Govt. High School, Lower Kaithu, Shimla –171003, Himachal Pradesh.
Name of Regional Director: Shri Rakesh Verma
Contact details: Ph: 0177-2657689 (CRM: 9311765350)
Fax: 0177-2658735, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Route map of directorate) : https://goo.gl/maps/KAr8M7v6JyfEEZDw9
Cooperatives Societies in Himachal Pradesh (As on 31-03-2023):
|S. No.||Types of Cooperative Societies||Number|
|1||Apex - Bank||1|
|2||Apex - ARD Bank||1|
|3||Secondary Coop Soc. - DCCBs||2|
|4||Primary Co-operative Societies||1|
|5||Urban Coop Banks||5|
|6||Primary Agriculture Coop Societies (PACS)||2224|
|7||Thrift & Credit Coop Societies||462|
|8||Non Credit Coop Societies||2314|
Implementation of NCDC Programmes:
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2023, NCDC has provided total disbursement of Rs. 969.57 crore benefitting various cooperative projects/units as follows:
|S.No.||Scheme/Activity||Cumulative Disbursement as on
31.03.2022 (Rs. in crore)
|1||Marketing & Inputs||218.46|
|9||Service & Agri. Credit||300.38|
|10||Fruit & Vegetables||1.86|
|11||FFPOs and FPOs||0.993|
Sanctions and Release details of last 5 years (Rs. in crore)
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant Achievements/ issues during the last 5 years (2018-19 to 2022-23):
- Promoted cooperative movement in the State at all levels i.e. from Primary to Apex Federation.
- Toughest areas of HP like Kinnaur and Lahaul & Spiti are also penetrated to explore the opportunity for the development of PACS.
- Provided assistance to cooperatives under direct funding schemes of NCDC. Total sanctions during last five year are Rs.175.97 & disbursed to the tune of Rs. 169.42 crore.
- In last 5 years PACS have been assisted for construction and upgradation of Godowns/showrooms in the HP region.
- 2nd phase of ICDP is ongoing in Una district of HP.
- 4 awards have been received for excellent work in Hindi language from the Chairman, NARAKAS (Department of Official Language Ministry of Home Affairs, GoI).
Initiatives for development of Aspirational Districts (identified by NITI Aayog) through Cooperatives:
Frequent visits have been made into the interiors and remote areas of the Chamba district for nurturing of cooperatives, to understand the need of the cooperatives and to convince them for diversification from their existing business. PACS have shown their interest in availing assistance under direct funding scheme. Thrust is given to the early start of 2nd phase of ICDP in the Aspirational District (Chamba).
Development Opportunities in the State through Cooperatives:
- 2nd Phase of ICDP in remaining 3 districts
- State-wide Integrated Development for identified sectors/ activities through Cooperative structure
- PMMSY/AYSHMAN/ YUVA SAHAKAR.
- Women empowerment through Cooperatives (Handicraft, Handloom items etc).
- Computerization of Federations/PACS
- Processing units - Fruits and Vegetables.
- Cold-chain infrastructure.
- The Bhutti Weavers Handloom Cooperative Society
Nationally and Internationally known Handloom Cooperative Society located at Kullu. It has won following awards:
- A National Award Gold in 1993(Ministry of Textiles)
- Udyog Ratna Award in 2005 (PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
- Cooperative Excellency Award in 2009 (NCDC)
- The Yeoman Service and Leadership Textile Industry NISTII-IIT, 2009.
NCDC has provided the assistance of Rs.454.00 lakh for FY 2022-23. The society also holds an ISO 9001: 2015 certificate for quality practices conforming to international standards and markets its products via thirty five outlets under its own trademark, exhibitions and exports to countries such as Belgium, France, Great Britain, Russia, Japan, China, Spain and the USA. The Society is a regular borrower of NCDC.