Name of Regional Directorate: Gandhinagar
Jurisdiction: Gujarat, UT of Daman & Diu
Address of Regional Directorate: Plot No. 272-273, Behind Central Bank of India, GH Road, Sector-16, Gandhinagar, Gujarat – 382016.
Name of Regional Director: Sh. Shailendra Singh
Contact details:Phone No. : 079-23222293, E-mail: ro.gandhinagarncdc.in
Google Map link (Route map of Directorate):
Cooperatives in Gujarat:
|S. No.||Category of Societies||Number of Societies|
|1||State Co-op. Bank||1|
|2||Central Co-op. Bank||18|
|3||State Co-op Land Development. Bank||1|
|4||Primary Agri. Credit Societies||9999|
|6||Primary Non-agri. Credit Societies||6257|
|9||Milk & livestock||16760|
|20||Union & institute||50|
Implementation of NCDC Programmes:
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2021, NCDC has provided total assistance of Rs. 3420.33 crore benefiting various cooperative units as below:
|S. No.||Scheme/Activity||Cumulative Disbursements as on
31.03.2021 (Rs. in crore)
|1||Marketing & Inputs||80.2|
|9||Foodgrain/ Fruits and Vegetables||15.21|
Sector wise cumulative disbursements
Cumulative Disbursements as on 31.03.2021 (Rs. in crore)
Achievements during last 5 years (Up to 31.03.2021):
(Rs. in crore)
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant achievements/ issues during the last 5 years (2016-17 to 2020-21):
- Sanctioned an assistance of Rs. 77.00 crore for establishment of new spinning mill to Surat Vankar Sahkari Sangh Limited, Surat.
- Assisted Bharuch Jilla Dugdh Utpadak Sahakari Sangh Limited for setting up 100MTPD Cattle feed plant at Aspirational District Narmada with financial assistance of Rs. 19.75 crore.
- Assistance sanctioned to Kutch Jilla Dudgh Utpadak Sahakari Sangh Limited, Kutch for setting up instant Chilling Centre and Cattle Feed plant of 300MTPD capacity.
- Assisted Shree Narmada Khand Udyog Sahakari Mandli Ltd. for establishment of 45 KLPD Ethanol Plant with financial assistance of Rs.24.30 crore.
- Sanctioned financial assistance to District Dairy Unions for construction of Milk Collection Centers to 300 Village level Dairy cooperative societies.
- Successfully organized Regional Women Workshop at Rajkot on the occasion of Mahila Kisan Diwas.
- Organized one day training programmes for dairy cooperatives at Gandhinagar on the occasion of Women Day.
New Initiatives taken in the Region during Year F.Y. 2020-21:
- Steps were taken to promote Framers Producers Organization (FPOs) at Block Level.
- Efforts made to strengthen Micro Food Processing Cooperatives under PMFME scheme.
- Activities under Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support & Innovation Scheme were encouraged.
- Focusing to establish primary level societies as Agro Processing Centres.
Regional Training Centre (RTC) Gandhinagar:
The LINAC Regional Cooperative Training Centre inaugurated in the FY 2020-21 on the first floor of the directorate building with a seating capacity of about 45 participants at a time. It is fully air-conditioned centre with all necessary facilities.
Four online programs have been organized for employees and members of Board of Management of the cooperatives during first, second and third quarter of last financial year. The programmes were themed on Basic Cooperative Principle, Accounting, Governance and Business Development. Regional Training Centre, Gandhinagar also successfully organized two day online training program exclusively for women cooperatives and SHGs which received enthusiastic participation from various districts of Gujarat. The topic of online training program was ‘Role of Women Directors in Governance’ and ‘Business Development in Cooperatives’.
Training conducted by RTC gandhinagar
RTC organized our four online training programmes for primary level cooperatives. Around 300 participants from different districts of the State attended these programmes.
Capacity building programmes for Primary Cooperatives
Initiatives for development of Aspirational Districts (identified by NITI Aayog) through Cooperatives:
There are two Aspirational Districts in Gujarat viz., Narmada & Dahod. Initiatives taken for development of these districts are as follows:
- Organized capacity building programmes for women members of Primary Dairy Cooperatives in Aspirational district Narmada.
- Released assistance to District Dairy Union Bharch for setting up a Cattle feed plant of 100 MTPD capacity at Dediyapada Block of Narmada.
- Assisted Shree Narmada Khand Udyog Sahakari Mandli Ltd. for establishment of 45 KLPD Ethanol Plant with financial assistance of Rs.24.30 crore at Nandod Block of Narmada.
- Sanctioned the financial Assistance to Tribal Women Cooperatives of Dahod District for setting up seed grading plant.
Success Stories :
Valsad Navsari Jilla Fal Ane Shakbhaji Sahakari Sangh Ltd. owner of brand “AMIDHARA”, it is a Co-Op Society Union having primary Horticulture Farmers Co-Op Societies as its members. There are 22 primary Co-Operative society members of VJFS with 45000 farmer members. The processing facility and infrastructure is located at Gandevi in Navsari district of Gujarat state. The Union deals in fresh, processed and frozen fruits and vegetables in addition to other food products. The Union is manufacturing and exporting kesar mango pulp, alphonso mango pulp mango slices, chikoo pulp, chikoo slice, other canned vegetables, ready to eat curried vegetables, various types of pickles, chutney, paste, tomato ketchup, jam and several kinds of fruit juices in “AMIDHARA” brand. The society also processestomato, papaya, and guava, banana and other fruits and vegetables in different forms. Fresh Fruits and Vegetables are being supplied to domestic and overseas customers.
All the production activities are carried out in a very hygienic condition as per quality and food safety standards requirement for domestic and various export markets. The F&V Union is certified with ISO 22000:2005, USFDA and FSSAI.
- Shree Narmada Khand Udyog Sahakari Mandli Ltd, Narmada:
The sugar mill commenced its operation in 1996-97 with the crushing capacity of 2500 TCD. Total 22818 cane growers’ farmers are the members of the Sugar mill. The sugar mill has recently undergone modernization for improvement in its crushing capacity. By the virtue of progressive management, the sugar mill has also established an Ethanol plant of 45KLPD capacity with the assistance of NCDC.
Union Territory of Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu
Cooperatives in UT of Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu:
Implementation of NCDC Programmes:
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2021, NCDC has provided total disbursement of Rs. 1.81 crore benefitting various cooperative projects/units as follows:
|Sagar Putra Fisheries, Diu||1988-89||0.103||FRP fishing canoes|
|Vivek Fisheries, Diu||1999-20||1.36||10 mechanized boats|
|Ratnakar Fisheries, Diu||2005-06||0.345||Expansion of Ice plant|