Name of Regional Directorate: Ranchi
Address of Regional Directorate: M-23/DS, Harmu Housing Colony, Near BJP Office,Harmu, Ranchi, Jharkhand, Pin- 834002
Name of Regional Director: Shri Siddharth Kumar Nim
Contact details:Tel-0651-2972194; Fax-0651-2241494 E-mail: ro.ranchincdc.in,
Google Map link (Route map of Directorate):
Cooperatives in Jharkhand:
|S. No.||Category of Societies||Number|
|1||State Level Cooperative Organizations (representing Marketing, Dairy Handloom Weavers, Fishermen, Sericulture, Oilseed, Sheep & Goat, Credit and Banking)/ Regional Federation||11|
|2||District Central Cooperative Banks||1|
|3||Primary Credit Cooperative Societies/ LAMPS||4394|
|4||Other type of societies||4497|
Implementation of NCDC Programmes:
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2020, NCDC has provided total disbursement of Rs.157.029 crore benefitting various cooperative projects/units as follows:
|S. No.||Scheme/Activity||Cumulative Disbursement as on 31-03-2020 (Rs. in crore)|
|1||Marketing & Inputs||4.00|
|4||Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP)||137.112|
Sector wise cumulative disbursements & Cumulative disbursement as on 31-03-2020 (Rs in crore)
Achievements during last 5 years (Up to 31.03.2020)
Assistance(Rs. in crore)
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant achievements/ issues during the last 5 years (2014-15 to 2019-20):
Weaker Section Programmes:
Marketing & Inputs:
Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP):
Promotional & Developmental Programmes:
- Rs.9.74 crore released towards Poultry Development Projects by Jharkhand Women’s Self Supporting Poultry Cooperative Federation Ltd., Ranchi through member cooperatives. Under the scheme, financial assistance has been provided for setting up of Hatchery, Feed Mill, Retail shops, construction and expansion of poultry sheds, Margin Money, Training & Extension etc. More than 4000 tribal/weaker section women producer members have been benefitted.
- Rs.4.00 crore released towards margin money for procurement and marketing of lac by JASCOLAMPF, helping lac farmers.
- ICDP, the flagship programme of NCDC has been implemented in 18 Districts of the State and is under implementation in 3 Districts. So far, NCDC has released Rs.133.47 crore to the Govt. of Jharkhand for all round development of these districts through cooperatives.
- Rs.1.00 crore has released to VEGFED for setting up of cold storage unit.
- Rs.0.57crore released to JASCOLAMPF for setting up of T&P Cell & for Ujjawala K.S.S.S.S. Ltd under CSR scheme.
New Initiatives in the Region during Year F.Y. 2020-21:
- Pushing for providing financial assistance for weaker section programmes like Dairy, Fishery etc
- Creation of infrastructure facilities like Storage, Agri. marketing Infrastructure facilities through State Govt./Direct Funding.
Initiatives for development of Aspirational Districts(identified by NITI Aayog) through Cooperatives:
Emphasis is now to contribute to development of Aspirational Districts identified by NITI Aayog in the State. Out of 24 districts in the State, 19 viz. (1) Ranchi (2) Lohardaga (3) Gumla (4) Simdega (5) Palamu (6) Latehar (7) Garhwa (8) West Singhbhum (9) East Singhbhum (10) Dumka (11) Hazaribag (12) Chatra (13) Giridih (14) Bokaro (15) Ramgarh (16) Khunti (17) Sahebganj (18) Pakur (19) Godda. All the 19 Aspirational Districts have already been benefitted under either ICDP or Poultry projects implemented in the State. Presently, ICDP is being implemented in 3 Aspirational Districts and the State Government is taking steps for preparation of DPR for implementation of ICDP in 3 more Aspirational Districts.
Development Opportunities in the State through Cooperatives:
- Implementation of ICDP Phase -2 in selected Districts of State.
- Converting PACS into Modern Banking Unit.
- Creating additional storage capacity by Cooperatives in rural areas.
- Development of weaker section programmes like Dairy, poultry, fishery etc. under CSISAC Scheme.
- Bee keeping programmes under National Bee Keeping and Honey Mission(NBHM).
Jharkhand Women’s Self-Supporting Poultry Co-operative Federation Ltd., Ranchi (JWSPCFL):
- The Jharkhand Women’s Self-Supporting Poultry Co-operative Federation Ltd., Ranchi (JWSPCFL) is the largest commercial production house of poultry in Eastern India. Registered under Jharkhand Self-supporting Co-operative Society Act 1996 on 31st March, 2005 JWSPCFL has come a long way while delivering its objective of providing a sustainable livelihood.
- In the year 2002, the activity was initiated with the members of women self-help group of Lohardaga district of Jharkhand, with the support of PRADAN, a national level NGO. Initially, only 60 members showed their interest and formed a co-operative society by registering under Jharkhand Self-supporting co-operative act. Subsequently, in a short span of time, four more cooperatives were established in the disctricts of Gumla, Lohardaga, East Singhbhum and Ranchi (presently in Khunti). The cooperative societies further organized into a state level federation which has been registered under the same act. It is now a strong institution of 5072 rural marginalized women from 09 cooperatives across Jharkhand who are able to realize their potential as an entrepreneur. The sales turnover of JWSPCFL has grown nearly ten folds from Rs.9.93 crores in FY 2006-07 to Rs.110.96 crores in FY 2018-19.
- The members of cooperative societies are women who belong to financially and socially marginalized and weaker section of the society i.e. STs, SCs & OBCs, with more than 80% belonging to Tribal population. Today, with a minimum requirement of one cent of land (500 sq. feet) either self owned or on lease a member earns between Rs.40,000 to Rs.50,000 a year which works out to Rs.200- Rs.250 a day for 200 days of engagement. This income is available to her in regular stream of cash flows on a continuous basis, helps her to meet the need of cash expenses and also of capital formation in the family. This income strengthens the women to negotiate a better deal for herself within the family and larger society.
- The society has been assisted by NCDC under weaker section programme with a financial assistance of Rs.14.345 crore to the Federation for poultry development including hatchery, feedmill, poultry sheds, margin money etc.
- The exceptional work done by the JWSPCFL for the upliftment and better livelihood of the rural women in Jharkhand has been acknowledged by various organizations at All India/ State level and the Federation & its member cooperatives have been bestowed with numerous awards. These include Outlook Agriculture Conclave and Swaraj Awards., 2018 for the Federation, NCDC Regional award for Cooperative Excellence and Merit Award, 2018 for its various member cooperatives
President of JWSSPCFL receiving Outlook Swaraj award for Best Women Co-operatives Federation in 2018
JWSPCFL member cooperative: Potka Co-operative receiving NCDC Regional award for Cooperative Excellence, 2018
JWSPCFL member cooperative: Petarwar Co-operative receiving NCDC Regional award for Cooperative Merit, 2018
Ashalata Vikalang Vikas Sahayog Samiti Ltd., Bokaro:
- The society was started with a milk booth, selling milk and other dairy products of “Sudha”. The society started its business with a capital of Rs.50000/- only, after receiving financial assistance under the NCDC’s flagship scheme ICDP being implemented in Bokaro from 2014, the endeavor of society to improve its business operations and expansion of business activities finally started taking shape and turnover increased to Rs.33.053 lakh in 2018.
- As on 31/03/2018, society has 52 members. Presently the society is having one cyber café, one consumer store and own office. The consumer store of the society is equipped with CC TV, Bar code reader, Billing machine & POS machine like facility. With these activities, the society has been able to give regular employment to 12 members with the salary of Rs. 3000.00 per month and employment to 15-20 members on occasions.
- Thus, the story of the Ashalata Vikalang Sahayog Samiti is a very good example of will power of its differently abled members, not only to overcome their limitations but also improving the socio-economic status of its members and the timely support by State Govt./ NCDC
Super Market - Ashalata Vikalang Sahayog Samiti
Super Market (Inside View) - Ashalata Vikalang Sahayog Samiti