Name of Regional Directorate: Bhubaneswar
Address: Ground Floor, Alok Bharti Tower, Sahid Nagar, Bhubaneswar – 751 007
Name of Regional Director: Shri Raj Naresh Gopal
Contact details: Ph: 0674-2542107, Fax: 0674-2545874, E-mail: ro.bhubaneswarncdc.in
20.291818,85.8436812,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3a1909f9b3851501:0xf54fccb2cf666bd8!8m2!3d20.291818!4d85.8458699" target="_blank">https://www.google.com/maps/place/National+Cooperative+Development+Corporation/20.291818,85.8436812,17z/data= !3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3a1909f9b3851501:0xf54fccb2cf666bd8!8m2!3d20.291818!4d85.8458699
Cooperatives in the State: Odisha
|S. No.||Category of Societies||Number|
|1||State Level Cooperative Organizations (representing Marketing, Dairy Handloom Weavers, Fishermen, Sericulture, Oilseed, Sheep & Goat, Credit and Banking)||23|
|2||District Central Co-operative Banks||17|
|3||Primary Agricultural Cooperative Societies||2707|
|4||Urban Cooperative Banks||11|
|5||Regional Cooperative Marketing Societies||51|
|6||Cooperative Agricultural Rural Development Banks||45|
|7||Cooperative Sugar Mills||3|
|8||Consumer Cooperative Societies||176|
|9||Employee Credit Societies and Credit Cooperative Societies||470|
|10||Primary Fishermen Cooperative Societies||1082|
*Data obtained from Annual Report 2018-19 of Department of Cooperation, Govt. Of Odisha
Implementation of NCDC Programmes (in Odisha):
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2019, NCDC has provided total assistance of Rs. 3287.39 crore benefiting various Cooperative projects/units as below:
|S. No.||Scheme/Activity||Cumulative Disbursement as on 31-03-2019 (Rs. in crore)|
|1||Marketing & Inputs||43.35|
|7||Storage& Cold Storage||26.84|
|8||Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP)||31.496|
|10||Service & Agri. Credit||3100.00|
|11||Assistance for Computerization||0.16|
Achievements during last 5 years (Up to 31.03.2019)
|Year||Assistance(Rs. in crore)|
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant achievements/ issues during the last 5 years (2014-15 to 2018-19):
- Promotion of Cooperatives - Primary Coop. Societies, Apex Federation and Autonomous societies including Women Cooperatives
- Working Capital support of Rs.6.20 crore to Apex Federation, Dairy Coop. & Women Cooperative.
- Started funding Dairy Co-operatives (Milk Union) for Rs.2.00 crores
- Successfully encouraged Cooperatives in availing of assistance under direct funding schemes of NCDC
New Initiatives in the Region during Year F.Y. 2019-20:
- Collection of PACS data from 300 Cooperatives during 2019-20.
- Imparting Skill Development programmes for Cooperative personnel through Regional Training Center at Bhubaneswar of Laxmanrao Inamdar National Academy for Cooperative Research and Development (LINAC).
- Establishment of Agro Processing Units for value addition.
- Promoting activities under Yuva Sahakar-Cooperative Enterprise Support & Innovation Scheme and PACS as Modern Banking Units
Initiatives for development of Aspirational Districts(identified by NITI Aayog) through Cooperatives:
NITI Aayog has selected 10 Aspirational Distrits in Odisha i.e. Koraput, Malkangiri, Rayagada, Gajapati, Nuapada, Kandhamal, Kalahandi, Bolangir. Dhenkanal & Nawarangpur. NCDC is concentrating for generation of proposals under direct funding for development of the primary cooperatives working under these districts. Proposal of Sarabong SCS of Nuapada Dist. has been sanctioned during 2018-19by NCDC for creation of infrastructure.
NCDC Regional Awards for year 2018-19:
|Excellence:-The Baner Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society Ltd., At/P.O. Baner, Village Jaipatna District Kalahandi.||PACS|
|Merit:- Santoshpur Service Cooperative Society, At – Santoshpur PO – Vellora, PS – Basta, Dist Balasore|
|Excellence:- Samudrika Machhya Utpadaka Banijya Bikash Prathamika Sambaya Samiti Ltd., At – Fishery Harbour, Sector-21, Paradeep, Dist. - Jagatsinghpur||SPECIAL CATEGORY (FISHERIES)|
Development Opportunities in the State/UT through Cooperatives:
- The traditional areas like Margin Money Assistance & Working Capital assistance for business expansion to Primary Level Cooperatives will be given further boost in the State.
- The potential of Weaker Section Cooperatives like Fisheries, Tribal, Handlooms and Women will be further tapped.
- Possibilities for creation of infrastructure for Storage and Marketing and Input needs of apex federations like (FISHFED and MARKFED) will be further explored.
- Nurturing of Primary Cooperatives – Field visits will be undertaken to collect information for nurturing primary level cooperatives as well as generate proposals for business will be further explored.
- Regional Office, Bhubaneswar will provide 6 one day training programs to management and board of cooperatives for nurturing primary level cooperatives.
- Self Employment Mahila Cooperative Organization Ltd. (SEMCO) - Provided financial support and the Women society has opened retail outlet and also providing short term loan to its women members facilitating in doubling their income
- Swyamshree Mahila Samabaya Samiti Ltd. - This Women Cooperative Society is doing Credit business, etc, which is assisted by NCDC, and their achievement is worth stimulating.
- Provided financial support to 02 Primary Agriculture Cooperative Societies (PACS) for creation of infrastructure and 06 No. of PACS for margin money for their business development and undertaking the business like paddy procurement & sale of fertilizer, seeds, Pesticides, function as retail outlet agents for distribution of PDS, ST/MT loaning, etc.