Name of Regional Directorate: Bhubaneswar
Address:Ground Floor, Alok Bharti Tower, Sahid Nagar, Bhubaneswar – 751 007
Name of Regional Director: Shri Shardul S. Jadhav
Contact details of Regional Directorate: Mob: 9311765336; Ph: 0674-2542107, Fax: 0674-2545874, E-mail: Ro.email@example.com
Google Map link (Route map of Directorate): https://goo.gl/maps/os8LUfRU7Pxu18vr8
Cooperatives in Odisha:
|S.No.||Category of Societies||Number|
|1||State Level Cooperative Organizations (representing Marketing, Dairy Handloom Weavers, Fishermen, Sericulture, Oilseed, Sheep & Goat, Credit and Banking)||23|
|2||District Central Co-operative Banks||17|
|3||Primary Agricultural Cooperative Societies||2708|
|4||Urban Cooperative Banks||11|
|5||Regional Cooperative Marketing Societies||51|
|6||Cooperative Agricultural Rural Development Banks||45|
|7||Cooperative Sugar Mills||3|
|8||Consumer Cooperative Societies||176|
|9||Employee Credit Societies and Credit Cooperative Societies||1048|
|10||Primary Fishermen Cooperative Societies||1082|
Implementation of NCDC Programmes in Odisha:
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2021, NCDC has provided total assistance of Rs.3290.99 crore benefiting various Cooperative projects/units as below:
|S.No.||Scheme/Activity||Cumulative Disbursements as on
31.03.2021 (Rs. in crore)
|1||Marketing & Inputs||44.195|
|7||Storage& Cold Storage||26.84|
|8||Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP)||31.496|
|10||Service & Agri. Credit||3102.00|
|11||Assistance for Computerization||0.16|
Sector wise cumulative disbursements
Cumulative Release as on 31.03.2021 (Rs. in Crore)
Achievements during last 5 years (Up to 31.03.2021):
NCDC has played a significant role in the development of cooperative sector of Odisha state. NCDC has funded different dairy projects, ICDP projects, godown & cold storage, cooperative banks, apex level marketing federations, CSR project etc. and looking forward to nurture and support them on cooperative principles.
(Rs. in crore)
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant achievements/issuesduring the last 5 years (2016-17 to 2020-21):
NCDC has played a key role in the development of cooperative sector of Odisha and following are the key achievements by intervention of NCDC-
- Under the Central Sector Scheme of Formation and Promotion of Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs) in the state, 4 districts namely Angul, Dhenkanal, Balasore and Nuapada have been identified, two of them are Aspirational districts. Under the 4 districts, 12 blocks have been identified for promotion of FPOs. Further Bargarh and Gajapati have been identified for formation of organic clusters.
- The MoU was signed between NCDC and State Government of Odisha, regarding Formation and Promotion of FPOs. MoU was signed on 11.09.2020 at Krushi Bhawan, Bhubaneswar. On behalf of NCDC Shri. Shardul Jadhav, RD, NCDC, Bhubaneswar and on behalf of State Government of Odisha Shri. Rohit Lenka, Director Horticulture signed the MoU, in presence of Shri. Suresh Kumar Vashishth, Special Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers empowerment, Government of Odisha.
- Regional Training Center, Bhubaneswar of Laxmanrao Inamdar National Academy for Cooperative Research and Development (LINAC) successfully organized multiple in–house as well as online training programmme on ‘General Management in Primary Level Cooperatives’, ‘Business Development and Assets Management in Primary Level Cooperatives’ & ‘Accounts and Book Keeping in primary level cooperatives’ during 2019-20 & 2020-21. The training was conducted for participants from different primary level cooperative societies of Odisha representing different districts across sectors including agriculture, credit, textiles, fisheries, dairy etc. The programme was hosted by LINAC, Gurugram and co-hosted by RTC, LINAC, Bhubaneswar.
- 598 primary level cooperatives of the State have been covered under Sahakar 22 scheme of nurturing primary cooperative societies. During the year 2020-21, 301 societies were nurtured by officials of Regional Office, Bhubaneswar.
- NCDC started funding dairy co-operatives (Milk Union) besides funding primary cooperative societies, apex level federations like cooperative banks, autonomous societies including women cooperatives.
Initiatives for development of Aspirational Districts (identified by NITI Aayog) through Cooperatives:
NITI Aayog has identified 10 Aspirational Distrits in Odisha i.e. Koraput, Malkangiri, Rayagada, Gajapati, Nuapada, Kandhamal, Kalahandi, Bolangir, Dhenkanal & Nabarangpur. NCDC is concentrating on generation of proposals under direct funding during visits to these districts for nurturing of the primary cooperatives under SAHAKAR-22.
Flagship Programmes of NCDC:
- PMMSY: State level training cum workshop conducted in Chandipur, in which more than 300 participants from all the districts of Odisha participated. 2 district level workshops in costal districts of the state are proposed in the current financial year.
- Sahakar Mitra: As on 31.05.2021, 2 batches of Sahakar Mitra interns have completed their internship successfully. Under the scheme, interns prepared model business reports.
- FPO: 5 CBBOs have started the work towards formation of FPOs in Odisha.
Development Opportunities in the State through Cooperatives:
- The traditional financing activities like margin money assistance & working capital assistance for business expansion to primary cooperatives will give further boost in the state.
- There is a prominent scope for financing of weaker section activities such as fisheries, tribal, handlooms and women.
- Possibilities for creation of infrastructure for storage and marketing and input needs of apex federations like (FISHFED and MARKFED) will be further explored.
- Nurturing of Primary Cooperatives–Field visits will be undertaken to collect information for nurturing primary level cooperatives as well as generate proposals for business will be further explored.
One day state level awareness-cum-training programme on Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY on 14.03.2021 at Chandipur, Balasore, Odisha presided by Chief Guest Shri. Pratap Chandra Sarangi, Hon’ble Minister of State, for Ministry of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries and Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Government of India:
Regional Office, NCDC, Bhubaneswar conducted first state level awareness-cum-training programme on Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) on 14.03.2021 at Chandipur, Balasore, Odisha. The awareness-cum-training programme was jointly organized by Laxmanrao Inamdar National Academy for Cooperative Research and Development (LINAC), NCDC and Department of Fisheries, Ministry of AHD&F, GoI. Shri. Pratap Chandra Sarangi, Hon’ble Minister of State, for Ministry of AHD&F and Ministry of MSME , GoIwas the Chief Guest of the event. Other dignitaries included Shri. Sundeep Kumar Nayak, IAS, MD, NCDC; Dr J.K. Jena, Deputy Director General, Fisheries, ICAR; Shri Sambit Tripathi, CEO, Livelihood Alternative. The first state level awareness programme, organized by NCDC under PMMSY scheme, in the country. The programme was attended by more than 300 participants from all 30 districts of Odisha, in classroom mode; in addition participants from various states in the country participated in the programme through virtual mode. Hon’ble MoS Shri Sarangi emphasized the need for development of fisheries infrastructure & development of fisheries sector as there is huge potential in Fisheries sector for increasing farmer’s income & employment generation. He further said there is need for formation of cooperatives and need for development of technology in the sector. He also impressed upon the role of FPO in development of fisheries sector, further he praised NCDC for playing a vital role in the holistic development of cooperative sector in the country. A detailed presentation on NCDC as an organisation and NCDCs role as an implementing agency under PMMSY scheme was given by MD, NCDC. The Q&A session was lead by MD, NCDC. Further Dr J.K. Jena, DeputyDG, ICAR, DARE, Government of India and Shri Sambit Tripathi, CEO, Livelihood Alternative expressed their views on need for development of Fisheries sector and importance of PMMSY scheme in this direction. The programme was coordinated by Shri. Shardul Jadhav, Regional Director, NCDC, Bhubaneswar.
Shri. Pratap Chandra Sarangi, Hon’ble MoS, Ministry of AHD&F, Govt. of India & Shri. Sundeep Kumar Nayak MD, NCDC chairing the awareness programme.
Editorial coverage of NCDC flagship programmes