India is endowed with 8,129 km of coastline and about 68.79 lakh hectares of inland water area, providing immense scope for fish production. Fish production and export of marine products has increased manifold during the last few years. Apart from making its contribution towards foreign exchange earnings, increased fish production has also contributed to enhancing availability of protein-rich food, increasing employment opportunities and raising incomes of fishermen who belong to the disadvantaged section of the society. NCDC has been assisting fisheries cooperatives since 1974-75
Eligible Cooperative Societies:
NCDC provides assistance to primary, district and state level cooperatives, either directly or through State Governments.
- Purchase of operational inputs such as fishing boats, nets and engines
- Creation of infrastructure facilities for marketing, transport vehicles, ice plants, cold storages, retail outlets, processing units, etc.
- Development of inland fisheries, seed farms, hatcheries, etc.
- Preparation of feasibility reports.
- Integrated Fisheries Projects (Marine, Inland and Brackish Water)
Mode of Funding
Financial assistance is provided through the State Govt. or directly to the eligible cooperatives.
Quantum of Assistance and Pattern of Assistance
Varies from activity to activity and upto 90-95% of the total cost for the most of the activities. However, in case of strengthening of share capital base/margin money/working capital assistance, the quantum of assistance can be upto 100%.
For detailed pattern of assistance please click at the link provided.
Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme
To encourage newly formed cooperatives take advantage of innovative ventures, especially by societies with new/innovative idea, NCDC has introduced a new scheme titled, “Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme” linked to a Cooperative Startup and Innovation Fund created by NCDC.Please click for details of the Scheme
Norms for direct funding
Cooperatives operating for minimum three years & broadly fulfilling following criteria are eligible:
- Net worth should be positive
- There should be no erosion in share capital.
- Cash profit in last three years and net profit in two years
- Should be in a position to provide 1.25 to 1.5 times security.
For detailed norms of Direct Funding please click at the link provided.
Common Loan Application Formfor availing assistance under the scheme of NCDC can be downloaded from NCDC’s website.
For further details, please contact or write to:
- Chief Director
4, Siri Institutional Area, Hauz Khas,
New Delhi – 110 016
PABX No.: 26567475, 26569246
Fax: +91-011-26962370, 26516032
- Regional Directorates of NCDC:Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram