In pursuance of Gazette Notification, dated 16.09.2012, 13.01.2003 and 21.06.2018 of Govt. of India, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare), following services have been included under “Service Cooperatives for financing by NCDC:
- Agricultural credit through Cooperatives.
- Assistance to Credit cooperatives for creation of infrastructures.
- Assistance to Service Cooperatives for activities like Healthcare, Education, Tourism & Hospitality, Transport, Renewable & Non-conventional source of energy and Rural Housing.
- Labour cooperatives.
- Water conservation works/services, irrigation, micro-irrigation in rural areas undertaken by the Cooperatives.
- Animal care/health, disease prevention through Cooperatives.
- Rural sanitation/ drainage/ sewage systems through Cooperatives.
- Agricultural Insurance through cooperatives.
Under agricultural credit, working capital assistance is provided to Agriculture Credit Cooperatives (PACS, PCARDBs, DCCBs, SCARDBs and SCBs etc.) for both farm and non-farm activities towards meeting short-term credit requirements of their members for production/working capital/contingency credit needs.
Under infrastructural credit, assistance is provided to Agricultural Credit Cooperatives for creation, modernization, expansion, repairs, renovation etc. of infrastructural facilities such as branch/office building, counters, strong rooms, safe deposit vaults, vehicles, furniture & fixtures etc.
The scheme for development of Labour Cooperatives broadly covers the following:
- Strengthening of Share Capital base/Margin Money assistance to Labour Cooperatives.
- Purchase of construction related machines and equipment, tools and tackles loading/unloading/packing equipment as relevant to labour cooperatives.
- Establishment/Construction of Service Complex/ Godown by Labour Cooperatives.
Eligible Cooperative Societies:
NCDC provides assistance to primary, district and state level cooperatives, either directly or through State Governments.
Mode of Funding:
Financial assistance is provided through the State Govt. or directly to the eligible cooperatives.
Quantum of Assistance and Pattern of Assistance:
Varies from activity to activity and upto 90-95% of the total cost for the most of the activities. However, in case of strengthening of share capital base/margin money/working capital assistance, the quantum of assistance can be upto 100%.
For detailed pattern of assistance please click at the link provided.
Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme:
To encourage newly formed cooperatives take advantage of innovative ventures, especially by societies with new/innovative idea, NCDC has introduced a new scheme titled, “Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme” linked to a Cooperative Start-up and Innovation Fund created by NCDC. Please click for details of the Scheme
Norms for direct funding:
Cooperatives operating for minimum three years & broadly fulfilling following criteria are eligible:
- Net worth should be positive
- There should be no erosion in share capital.
- Should be in a position to provide 1.25 to 1.5 times security.
- Financial /operational performance of the cooperative should be at satisfactory level of NCDC.
For detailed norms of Direct Funding please click at the link provided.
Common Loan Application Form for availing assistance under the scheme of NCDC can be downloaded from NCDC’s website.
For further details, please contact or write to:
Credit, Industrial Cooperative & Service Cooperative Division
National Cooperative Development Corporation
4, Siri Institutional Area, Hauz Khas
New Delhi – 110 016
PABX No.: +91-011-26965346
Fax: +91-011-26962370, 26516032
Website: www.ncdc.in Email: mailncdc.in
Regional Directorates of NCDC: Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram