Under its Marketing & Input Scheme, NCDC assists strengthening of the cooperative marketing structure with the objective of ensuring remunerative prices to the producers of agricultural commodities and narrowing down the price spread between the producer and the consumer. Marketing cooperatives provide fair quality agricultural inputs at the door steps of producers and enable them to have access to agricultural produce and inputs at competitive/ reasonable prices. These cooperatives exert a healthy influence on market prices and thus protect producers from distress sale.
Eligible Cooperative Societies:
Under the marketing & input schemes, financial assistance is provided to National/ State/District/Regional/Primary level Cooperative Marketing/ Commodity Federations/Societies.
Assistance is provided for the following activities under various schemes of Marketing & Inputs:
- Margin money and working capital.
- Strengthening the share capital base of cooperative.
- Purchase of transport vehicles.
- Establishment of Farmers Service Centres for inputs distribution.
- Establishment of Agro-service centres.
- Establishment of Manufacturing units of insecticides / pesticides, agricultural implements / machineries.
- Development / strengthening of agricultural marketing infrastructure, grading and standardization.
- Establishment of Bio-fertilizer unit.
Mode of Funding
Financial assistance is provided through the State Government or directly to the eligible cooperatives on certain prescribed terms and conditions. NCDC provides financial assistance in the form of loan (both Term Loan and Investment Loan) and subsidy to the cooperative societies. The assistance is provided under the Central Sector Integrated Scheme on Agricultural Cooperation (CSISAC) & other Central Sector Schemes (CSS) and NCDC Sponsored Scheme. Subsidy is provided subject to availability from Government of India (GOI) otherwise equivalent amount is provided as loan.
Quantum of Assistance and Pattern of Assistance
Quantum of assistance may be upto 90%-95% through State Government & 65-75% of project cost directly to the society. In case of business promotion viz. margin money/ working capital / strengthening of share capital quantum of assistance can be upto 100% of the requirement.
GOI has been providing support to various cooperative institutions including NCDC. Subsidy under the CSISAC varies from 15% to 25% of the project cost. At the instance of the GOI, States/Union Territories have been categorized into three categories for the purpose of funding under the CSISAC is as under:-
For detailed pattern of assistance please click at the link provided.
Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme
To encourage newly formed cooperatives take advantage of innovative ventures, especially by societies with new/innovative idea, NCDC has introduced a new scheme titled, “Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme” linked to a Cooperative Startup and Innovation Fund created by NCDC. Please click for details of the Scheme
Norms for direct funding
Cooperatives operating for minimum three years & broadly fulfilling following criteria are eligible:
- Net worth should be positive
- There should be no erosion in share capital.
- Cash profit in last three years and net profit in two years
- Should be in a position to provide 1.25 to 1.5 times security.
For detailed norms of Direct Funding please click at the link provided.
Common Loan Application Formfor availing assistance under the scheme of NCDC can be downloaded from NCDC’s website.
For further details, please contact or write to:
- Marketing and Inputs Division
4, Siri Institutional Area, Hauz Khas,
New Delhi – 110 016
PABX No.: 26567475, 26569246
Fax: +91-011-26962370, 26516032
- Regional Directorates of NCDC: Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram