Name of Regional Directorate: Patna
Address of Regional Directorate:Block–A, Room No.20-21, (2nd Floor), Mourya Lok Complex, Dak Bungalow Road, Patna – 800 001
Name of Regional Director: Shri Surendra Sehgal
Contact details:Phone No. 0612-2221467, Fax No. 0612-2211604, E-mail: ro.patnancdc.in
25.6096033,85.1321282,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x39ed585cf9bd53f1:0x62bb35ee21ca90c5!8m2!3d25.6095985!4d85.1343169" target="_blank">https://www.google.com/maps/place/NATIONAL+COOPERATIVE+DEVELOPMENT+CORPORATION/ 25.6096033,85.1321282,17z/data= !3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x39ed585cf9bd53f1:0x62bb35ee21ca90c5!8m2!3d25.6095985!4d85.1343169
Cooperatives in Bihar:
|1||State Level Cooperative Organizations (representing Marketing, Dairy Handloom Weavers, Fishermen, Sericulture, Oilseed, Sheep & Goat, Credit and Banking)||32|
|2||District Central Cooperative Bank||22|
|3||District level milk union||8|
|4||Harit Vegetable Processing and Marketing Cooperative Union Ltd.||1|
|5||Primary Agriculture Credit Society||8463|
|8||Thrift & credit||327|
|18||Fruits & Vegetable growers||342|
|29||Self -Supporting (Swalambi)||7887|
Implementation of NCDC Programmes:
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2019, NCDC has provided total disbursement of Rs. 1703.76 crore benefitting various cooperative projects/units as follows:
|S. No.||Scheme/Activity||Cumulative Disbursement as on 31-03-2018 (Rs. in crore)|
|1||Marketing & Inputs||72.98|
|8||Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP)||399.65|
|10||Service & Agri. Credit||0.23|
Achievements during last 5 years (Up to 31.03.2019)
|Year||Assistance(Rs. in crore)||Disbursements|
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant achievements/ issues during the last 5 years (2014-15 to 2018-19):
- NCDC has played a major role in developing “Sudha” dairy brand as a “Pride of Bihar”. The state level Dairy Federation i.e. COMFED has availed financial assistance for 16 dairy projects up to 31.03.2019 an assistance of Rs. 228.40 crore has been released.
- Storage and Cold Storage: NCDC has released Rs.10.92 crore for completion of 3057 rural & marketing godowns under normal schemes and Rs 54.21 Crore for construction of number of 100 MT godowns and 1208 Nos of Godowns have been created under ICDP Project.
- Other Weaker Section Programmes: Poultry Project of Rs.10.63 crore has been sanctioned.
- Service Sector: Rs. 300 crore as working capital has been released during 2016-17 to Bihar State Cooperative Bank and Rs.600 crore sanctioned as working capital in 2017-18.
- Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP): Out of the 38 Districts in Bihar, projects in 12 Districts viz. Rohtas, Gopalganj, Madhubani, Gaya, Saran, Siwan, Sitamari, Bhojpur, Aarah, Khagaria, Buxur and Kaimur have been completed. ICDP in 10 Districts viz. Vaishali, Nalanda, Jehanabad, Araria, Motihari, Aurangabad, Begusarai, Darbhanga, Purnia and Betia are under implementation. State Government has recommended proposal for ICDP in 12 districts viz. Patna, Muzaffarpur, Nawada, Katihar, Supaul, Saharasa, Bhagalpur, Banka, Arwal, Lakhisarai, Jamui, and Samastipur which is under consideration.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: 2 Projects amounting to Rs. 23.24 lakh.
- Ambpali Handloom and Handicraft Multi State Cooperative Society Ltd. ,Patna: Assistance has been provided for Income generation programme under CSR programme of NCDC. The project has been completed and report submitted.
- Motihari District Central Cooperative Bank: Assistance has been provided for construction of toilet block at bank premises, the project has been completed.
- Cabinet Committee, Bihar Government has approved a project on “Custom Hiring Center” at the project cost of Rs.1692.60 crore in 8463 PACS at the cost of Rs.20.00 lakh to each PACS. First phase of this proposal has been sanctioned by the NCDC, at a block cost of Rs.585.40 crore covering 2927 PACS.
New Initiatives in the Region during Year F.Y. 2019-20:
- 12 ICDP Projects have been appraised by NCDC team and are under consideration. These new projects will directly help to develop PACS & other cooperatives as a business hub and to create direct employment opportunity in the districts covered under ICDP.
- Fisheries Department, Bihar Government has prepared a draft report on “Fisheries Development in Bihar through Cooperatives”. NCDC will favourably consider the proposal after its receipt.
- NCDC is looking forward to support State Level Vegetable (Sabji) Federation planned by the State Government. NCDC will support PACS, District Level Sangh, State Federation to create cold chain infrastructure like pack houses, pre-cooling units, etc. to enable the cooperatives to procure, process, market, branding etc. of vegetables and will help to nurture the State Vegetable Federation as an institution like COMFED.
- NCDC is exploring the sanction of financial assistance to State Cooperative Bank (SCB) for Farm produce procurement on competitive rate basis. NCDC also will assist Cooperative Bank for computerisation.
- The potential of weaker section cooperatives like Dairy and Livestock, Tribal, Handloom and Fisheries will be further tapped.
- Storage and establishment of small agro-processing units will continue to be assisted under ICDP
- Other than under ICDP, establishment of agro-processing units – at least six during the year – under other schemes of NCDC will be focused upon
- Focus will remain on strengthening cooperatives in Aspirational Districts.
- Promotion of Yuva Sahakar scheme, bringing awareness regarding development of cooperatives as Modern Banking Units, etc., will be intensified
- Towards nurturing of cooperatives, RO Patna will cover 400 primary level cooperatives for their nurturing during the year 2019-20. So far, upto August 2019, RO has reached out to 220 cooperatives.
Aspirational Districts :
Emphasis is now to contribute to development of 13 Aspirational Districts identified by NITI Aayog in the State i.e. Araria, Aurangabad, Banka, Begusarai, Gaya, Jamui, Khagaria, Katihar, Muzaffarpur, Nawada, Purnia, Sheikhpura, and Sitamarhi.
Gaya, Khagaria and Sitamarhi are the three districts where Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP) was successfully completed. Presently, ICD project is ongoing in Begusarai, Aurangabad, Araria, & Purnia district. Under ICDP, assistance has been provided to PACS, Vypar Mandal, other cooperatives for renovation of Godowns, Margin Money, purchase of furniture & fixtures, Rice Mill, Composite Mill, E-Centre, Computerization of PACS, opening of banking counters with Safe locker facility & also provided financial assistance to those SHGs affiliated to the cooperative society.
Banka, Jamui, Shiekhpura, Nawada, & Muzhaffarpur District & other Aspirational District have been identified and proposed to be covered under ICDP. Besides these projects NCDC has provided financial assistance to Gaya and Sitamarhi Districts Coop. Milk Producers Societies Union Ltd., towards modernization-cum-expansion of milk packaging unit towards installation/modernization-cum-expansion of milk collection centres.
NCDC Regional Awards for year 2018-19:
|Special Category( Dairy)||Excellence:-Ratanman Babhangama Dugdh Utpadak Sahyog Samiti Ltd. Dist. – Begusarai, Bihar|
|Merit:-Khamhar Dugdh Utpadak Sahyog Samiti Ltd. Dist.– Begusarai, Bihar.|
Development Opportunities in the State/UT through Cooperatives:
- Implementation of ICDPs in all districts.
- Construction of Storage / Godown at all level of Societies.
- Setting up of Agriculture / Horticulture product-based processing units including setting up of composite units of rice / dal / chana / flour mills.
- Setting-up of Seed processing units.
- Setting-up of Agri-clinics.
- Setting-up of Bio-fertilizers / organic manure production / vermi-compost units.
- Setting-up of Bee-keeping and Honey processing units.
- Development of Minor Irrigation / Water Harvesting infrastructure through Cooperatives.
- Modernization of Cold Storages and setting up of onion storages
- Revival of Marketing / Consumer Societies / Federations/ Apex Level Federation.
- Development of Handloom / Power loom / Handicrafts / Industrial Cooperatives.
- Establishment of integrated cooperative Dairy / Fishery / Poultry / Goatery / Pig-rearing units with value addition processing units.
- Setting-up of feed-mix units for Animal / Poultry, etc.
- Computerization and IT Infrastructure in Cooperatives, especially Cooperative Banks.
- Organization of Labour Cooperatives and Service Cooperatives.
- COMFED (Bihar State Milk Co-Operative Federation Ltd.): The Bihar State Milk Co-Operative Federation Ltd. (COMFED) was established in 1983 as the implementing agency of Operational Flood (OF) programme of dairy development on “Anand” pattern in Bihar. Its brand name “Sudha” for milk and milk product has become a symbol of quality, aptly called the “Pride of Bihar”. As on date, nine out of ten dairy plants are ISO: 9001:2000 and HACCP: IS: 15000:1998 certified.
- Anuradha Chak Dugdh Utpadak Sahyog Samiti Ltd., Village – Anuradha Chowk, Jahangirpur Sham, Mahanar, District – Vaishali: Outstanding performance at village DCS level and success in providing its members remunerative returns towards their produce.
- Sarairanjan Paschimi PACS, Gudhma, P.O. Sarairanjan, District – Samastipur : Outstanding micro-credit business. Award Winner under NCDC’s Excellence Award Scheme.
- Mahua Cooperative Cold Storage Society Ltd., Mirjanagar, District Vaishali (Bihar): Excellent Coop. Cold Storage Business. Also establishing a cold chain project.