Promotional and Developmental
NCDC is involved in planning, promoting, coordinating and financing of cooperative development programmes at the national level. It provides financial and technical support to cooperative institutions of farmers and other weaker sections associated with agriculture and allied rural economic activities. NCDC’s strategy is to strengthen and develop these institutions to enable them to serve their members and to maintain a sustained growth in their income.
The promotional and developmental role is distinctly reflected in the following spheres of its operations:
- Assisting in planning for cooperative development and thus, helping the Central and State Governments in formulation of Annual Plans.
- Sponsoring specific and Integrated Cooperative Development Projects.
- Extending consultancy support for formulation of development projects in the cooperative sector.
- Coordinating activities of cooperatives with various Government Offices, institutions etc.
- Imparting training to cooperative personnel to upgrade their operational skills for successful implementation of projects financed by the Corporation.
- Convening All-India and Regional conferences/ workshops to facilitate exchange of information and review of progress etc.
- Recognizing the performance of best performing cooperative societies through cash awards and citation certificates for which the Corporation has instituted “NCDC Award for Cooperative Excellence”.
Some of the activities undertaken towards fulfilling its promotional and development role are as under:
Membership of Professional Organisations
NCDC maintains Institutional membership of National as well as International Professional bodies for constant interaction and up-gradation of information regarding technological and managerial developments in relevant fields. NCDC is member of the following professional organisations:-
- Regional Network for Development of Agricultural Cooperatives in Asia and the Pacific Region (NEDAC), Bangkok.
- International Cooperatives Alliance (ICA), Geneva, Switzerland.
- Centre for International Cooperation & Training in Agriculture Banking (CICTAB), Pune.
- Fertilizer Association of India (FAI), New Delhi.
- Institute of Rural Management (IRMA), Anand.
Association with other Organisations
NCDC is also represented/ associated with the following forums/ institutions:-
- Member in Governing Body of All India Federation of Cooperative Spinning Mills Ltd. (AIFCOSPIN), Mumbai.
- Member in Technical Advisory-cum-Monitoring Committee (TAMC) of Technology Upgradation Funds Scheme (TUFS), Ministry of Textile, Government of India.
- Member in Managing Committee of Odisha Cooperative Coir Corporation Ltd. (OCCC), Bhubaneswar.
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), Government of India.
- Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA)
- National Horticulture Board (NHB)
- National Horticulture Mission (NHM)
- Indian Potash Ltd. (IPL)
- Directorate of Marketing & Inspection (DMI), Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
- Central Organisation of Oil Industry & Trade (COOIT), New Delhi
- National Federation of Fishers Cooperative ltd. (FISHCOPFED)
- The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED)
Memorandum of Understanding:
NCDC has entered into MoUs with the following organisations for mutually working together in synergizing their various programmes for better value to the stakeholders through variety of activities:
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) on 26.03. 2018
- National Institute of Agriculture Extension Management, MANAGE Hyderabad on 25.05.2018
- Government of Uttarakhand on 7.10.2018 (for mega project with NCDC assistance)
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) on 8.01.2019
- PV Narasingha Rao Telangana Veterinary University set up by the State Government on 24.04.2019.
- National Federation of Urban Cooperative Bank and Credit Society (NAFCUB) on 20.05.2019.
- Government of Tamil Nadu on 20.12.2019.
- National Federation of State Cooperative Banks Ltd. (NAFSCOB) on 28.05.2020.
- Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR) on 8 June 2020
- Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of Kashmir, Jammu and Kashmir on 23 July 2020
- Department of Cooperation, Government of Uttarakhand on 4 August 2020 (for FPO programme)
INDIA INTERNATIONAL COOPERATIVE TRADE FAIR
NCDC organized India’s first and the largest international cooperatives trade fair at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi on 11-13 October, 2019 to promote Cooperative to Cooperative (C2C) trade, both in domestic and international, focused on agriculture and allied sectors complete value chains, cold chain, exports, technology, climate smart agriculture, inputs, commodities, processing, packaging, storage, machinery, brand promotion, marketing, coop-banking, big data analytics, cyber-security, agritech, livestock, dairy, fisheries, handloom, handicrafts, textiles, consumer etc.
The event was organized by NCDC in association with country partner Bangladesh, Bangkok-based International Organization (NEDAC) and leading organizations in India (NAFED, APEDA, ITPO etc.) with the support of Ministries of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Commerce and Industry and External Affairs. Six State Governments/UTs namely, Telangana, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Puducherry, Meghalaya and Goa were partners of IICTF. The event is also supported through partnership with IFFCO, IPL, AMUL, CDB, UPL, FAO, NCUI, LINAC, NAFCUB, NAFSCOB, NCCD etc.
Shri Narender Singh Tomar, Hon’ble Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare inaugurated the Fair in the august presence of Shri Parshottambhai Rupala, Hon’ble Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Kailash Choudhary, Hon’ble Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Prestone Tynsong, Hon’ble Deputy CM, Meghalaya, Shri Dhansingh Rawat, Hon’ble Cooperation Minister, Government of Uttarakhand, Shri Sanjay Agarwal, Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India, Shri Mohd. Kamaluddin Talukder, Secretary (RDCD), Government of Bangladesh and Shri U.S. Awasthy, MD, IFFCO. IICTF was packed with exhibitions, B2B/C2C meetings, conferences, cultural programmes etc.
In line with Government’s focus on programmes like Start-up India and Stand up India aimed at young entrepreneurs with new and innovative ideas, National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) launched Yuva Sahakar-Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme 2019 in IICTF and Sahakar Bharati launched their brand ‘Simplydesi’ to provide good marketing and branding opportunities for cooperatives.
The IICTF saw a foot fall of more than 35,000 visitors on this 3 days event. 141 B2B/C2C meetings were held and attended by 125 foreign buyers and 75 Memorandum of Intents (MOIs) were signed at a value of USD 1.2 billion. Nine thematic sessions were held on Globalization of Cooperative Trade, Cooperative Banking and Financial Inclusion, Empowerment of Youth and Women through Cooperatives, Agro Processing Ecosystem through Cooperatives, Agri-Tech and Climate Smart Agriculture through Cooperatives, Cooperatives as Cost Effective and Efficient Service Providers, Big Data and Cyber Security and Cooperatives, Dairy Cooperatives - Opportunities for Value Addition and Trade and Farm Mechanization and Inputs Supply – Role of Cooperatives.
On the last day, Awards for Excellence were distributed to both Indian and foreign cooperatives and exhibitors by Shri Piyush Goyal, Hon’ble Union Minister for Commerce and Industry and Shri Dhan Singh Rawat, Hon’ble Cooperation Minister, Government of Uttarakhand.
The closing ceremony of the event was chaired by Shri Piyush Goyal, Hon’ble Union Minister for Commerce and Industry in the august presence of Shri Dhansingh Rawat, Hon’ble Cooperation Minister, Government of Uttarakhand, Shri Sanjay Agarwal, Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India and Shri Satish Marathe, member Central Board, Reserve Bank of India.
A detailed report is at link.
“सहकारमित्र” (SAHAKAR MITRA): Scheme on Internship Programme (SIP)
The scheme was launched by Hon’ble Union Agriculture Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar on 11.06. 2020. The scheme will provide the young professionals an opportunity of practical exposure and learning from the working of NCDC and cooperatives as a paid intern. NCDC has also introduced the ‘Yuva Sahakar- Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme 2019’ to promote start-up cooperatives ventures. Sahakar Mitra would also provide an opportunity to professionals from academic institutions to develop leadership and entrepreneurial roles in cooperatives. NCDC has earmarked funds for Sahakar Mitra paid internship program under which each intern will get financial support over a maximum of 4 months internship period. Online application portal for internship application is available on NCDC website, was also launched by the Union Agriculture Minister on 11.06.2020.
Workshops, Conferences and Webinars organized by NCDC
- Chintan Shibir (Retreat for Deliberations) under SAHAKAR PRAGYA on ‘Nurturing of Primary Level Cooperatives’ was held on 5 April 2019 at LINAC, Gurugram with all the Regional Offices of NCDC.
- Workshop on “Disaster Risk Management Mainstreaming and Cooperative Development” was conducted at LINAC Campus, Gurugram, Haryana from 3 to 14 June, 2019.
- Workshop on ‘Strategy for Comprehensive Development of Cooperative Sector in Goa for a New India by 2022’ was jointly organized by NCDC and the Government of Goa at Panaji on 9 July 2019. Shri Pramod Sawant, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Goa inaugurated the workshop.
- Workshop on "National Workshop on Consumer Cooperatives" was held on 20.12.2019 at NCDC, New Delhi.
- Workshop on “Ornamental Fisheries Entrepreneurship Development” was organised jointly by Government of West Bengal, NCDC and NFDB in Kolkata, West Bengal on 25.01.2020.
- Jointly with NEDAC, a webinar on ‘Cyber Risks and Mitigation for Cooperatives’ on 11.05.2020 to insulate cooperatives across the countries form prevalent cyber risks and make them stronger and vibrant organisation. Dr. Gulshan Rai, Former Chief Cyber Security in PMO and Senior Adviser, NCDC was key resource person. The webinar was also addressed by Shri. Sellur K. Raju, Hon’ble Cooperation Minister, Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- In partnership with the Government of West Bengal, the Government of Uttarakhand, the National Bee Board and the Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agriculture Science and Technology, Kashmir organized a webinar on “Sweet Revolution and Atmanirbhar Bharat” on the occasion of celebration of World Bee Day on 21.05.2020. Sh Narendra Singh Tomar, Hon’ble Agriculture & RD Minister, GoI addressed the webinar through video message. Dr Dhan Singh Rawat, Hon’ble Cooperation Minister, Gov of Uttarakhand participated in the proceedings and spoke of the advantages of this activity in doubling the farmers income.
- An online interactive video talk on ‘Preventive Health in COVID Times’ on 29.05.2020 by Prof. Rakesh Yadav, Department of Cardiology, AIIMS, New Delhi to create awareness regarding dos and don’ts on preventive care which benefitted large number of participants including employees of NCDC.
- Webinar on “Sahakar Suraksha: The Locust Issue for Agri-Cooperatives” on 5.06.2020 to create awareness on the burning issue of locust attack, one of the worst in last 60 years, in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and other parts of the country damaging standing crops. The webinar was attended by senior government officials of various departments, CEOs and MD of various enterprises, cooperative leaders, farmers associated with the cooperatives and recorded 2000 views on Youtube and Facebook as of now, with view-count continuous increasing. Dr. S.K. Malhotra, Agriculture Commissioner, DAC&FW, GoI was the key note speaker. Dr. Dinesh Sharma, Hon’ble Dy. Chief Minister, Government of Uttar Pradesh addressed the webinar through video message.
- Webinar on “The Producer Cooperative Ecosystem: Collaborative approach by MoFPI and NCDC” on 12.06.2020. The webinar was held to take the national call of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India for “self reliance” under initiative of “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan” to the next level through collaborative efforts by various functionaries. The webinar was attended by Dr.Manoj Joshi, Additional Secretary, MoFPI, GOI, Shri J.P. Meena, former Secretary, MoFPI and presently Senior Advisor to NCDC, Amb. Anil Trigunayath, former ambassador and advisor to NCDC, Managing Director, NCDC and senior officers from Head Office, LINAC and Regional Offices of NCDC. MD, NCDC in his address stated that Dr. Joshi, AS, MoFPI holds highest regards for cooperatives and knows their potential in achieving the objectives of “Atmanirbhar Bharat”. Further, MD, NCDC stated that cooperative have presence in all spheres of economic activity and mainly in agriculture and allied activities associated with food production and that NCDC with pan india presence with network of 18 Regional Offices can act as multiplier in enhancing the coverage of MoFPI scheme.
- National workshop on ‘Entrepreneurship Development Through Duck Farming’ on 22 July 2020 in partnership with the Ministry of Rural Development, Govt of India, Indian Council for Agricultural Research, DARE, Govt of India, Govt of Bihar, Goa, Kerala and Manipur. Hon’ble Cooperative Minister Shri Nemcha Kipgen delivered the inaugural address with eminent speakers such as Shri C R Garg, Secretary Coop, Govt of Goa, Ms Bandana Preyashi, Secretary Coop, Govt of Bihar and Shri Tinku Biswal, Secretary AH, Govt of Kerala. Special address was given by Dr. B N Tripathi, DDG (AS), ICAR and the Keynote address was delivered by N N Sinha, Secretary (RD), GOI. The deliberation revolved around the technical aspect of duck farming and its importance specially in doubling farmers’ income. More than 400 participants attended the webinar.
Cooperative Institutions Cyber-security Advisory Forum
NCDC initiated and formed a “Cooperative Institutions Cyber-security Advisory Forum” to make cooperative banks and other cooperative institutions aware of issues and developments related to cyber security and avoid any cyber related frauds or crimes. The forum has been set under the expert advice of Dr. Gulshan Rai, Former Cyber Security Head, (National Security Council Secretariat) NSCS, Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) and with active partnership of National Federation of State Cooperative Banks Ltd. (NAFSCOB) and National Federation of Urban Cooperative Banks and Credit Societies Ltd. (NAFCUB) and other cooperative institutions.
The first meeting of the forum was held in NCDC on 20th May, 2019 in NCDC Head Office which was attended by 29 members of NAFSCOB & NAFCUB including their Chairmen and Chief Executive Officers, Dr. Gulshan Rai gave a presentation on recent developments in cyber security and web related vulnerabilities which need to be guarded by banks through proper audits and checks etc. The respective banks also made presentations on the systems and infrastructure they have and also the regulatory requirements which they have to fulfil. Going forward, it was decided to have two Committees viz. (i) Operational Committee and (ii) Enabler Committee. The Operational Committee will consist of IT professionals and MDs of banks which will look into operational aspects of problems faced by banks and the Enablers Committee will look into the issues to be taken up with Government of India and others. Both the Committees will be co-chaired by Dr. Gulshan Rai, MD, NCDC; MD, NAFSCOB and President NAFCUB.
Design & Production-Studio Cell
NCDC has set up its own in-house Design and Production-Studio Cell for making video and graphical artwork, in 2019-20.
During the year 2019-20 the Studio Cell was engaged in producing promotional items on various subjects. Promotional film for IICTF-2019 and NCDC were produced in the studio cell. Short films were also made on13 sectors viz like marketing, logistics, farm mechanization, mining, consumer cooperatives, cooperative banking, dairy, fishery, textile, women cooperatives, storage, sugar and handloom. Further promotional film was also made for Network for the Development of Agricultural Cooperatives in Asia and the Pacific (NEDAC), a unique international forum linking multiple apex cooperative organizations. These films were displayed during India International Cooperative Trade Fair (IICTF)-2019. The fair Gudie book and brochure were also designed and produced by the studio.
Launch of SAHAKAR COOPTUBE NCDC CHANNEL
Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Hon’ble Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare on 4 August 2020 launched a new initiative by NCDC, the SAHAKAR COOPTUBE NCDC CHANNEL, a key strategy in the ecosystem to facilitate involvement of youth in cooperatives. Formation of new cooperatives is a prerequisite for bringing new life and dedication in the realm of cooperative movement. Towards this end, NCDC Design Studio has produced guidance videos on ‘Formation and Registration of A Cooperative’ for EIGHTEEN different states in Hindi and regional languages.
NCDC celebrations of International Day of Cooperatives 2020
NCDC celebrated International Day of Cooperatives (IDC) on 3 July 2020. Shri C.K. Mishra, Former Secretary, Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MOEF&CC), Government of India was the chief guest on the occasion. He addressed the senior management and regional directorates of NCDC on the theme “Cooperatives for Climate Action”.
In Service Training of NCDC Officers and exchange programmes
During 2019-20, NCDC sponsored 44 of its staff/officers in various Management Development Programmes, seminars, conferences, etc. conducted by reputed professional institutions as part of Human Resource activities to update their knowledge and skills. In addition, NCDC sponsored 137 of its staff/officers to its training institute (LINAC Academy) at Gurugram for undergoing tailor made training programmes.
194 scholars from different institutions/Colleges in India and 51 foreign delegates from Nepal, France and Indonesia visited NCDC, Head Office at New Delhi. They were briefed on various activities and functions of NCDC.
NCDC has nominated its officers for the “International Residential Senior Leadership Training Programme for Executives in Cooperatives” being conducted by NEDAC Training Centre, Bangkok (NTCB),at Bangkok from 24 to 28 June 2019. The objective of the programme is to learn about current global trends in agri and allied businesses, enable the participants to share experiences, showcase the successful approaches and business practices in various sectors of cooperatives, learn appropriate practices to enhance youth and women entrepreneurship and members’ centrality in cooperatives and acquire skills to guide and lead cooperatives.
NCDC Regional Award for Cooperative Excellence and Merit 2018
NCDC instituted a Scheme to award primary cooperative for their excellence whereby awards are conferred to eight primary cooperative societies from each State/Union Territory each year. There are two awards each for the best PACS and women cooperatives and four awards for primary cooperatives in two prominent sectors in the State. The 1st Prize in each category is known as NCDC Award for Cooperative Excellence carrying a cash award of Rs.25000/- and the 2nd prize is known as NCDC Award for Cooperative Merit carrying an award of Rs.20000/- alongwith a certificate of recognition/citation. Selection is made by a Committee of four members constituted at the State Level under the Chairmanship of Secretary Cooperation or Registrar of Cooperative Societies and the Regional Director of NCDC, as member convener. The remaining two members of the Committee are nominated by the Chairman of the Committee.
Hundred eleven (111) Primary Cooperatives across 25 States and 1 UT from various sectors were selected for the awards and the award ceremony was held at the State Level and presided by an eminent dignitary. Details of award winning societies is as under:
NCDC REGIONAL AWARD FOR COOPERATIVE EXCELLENCE AND MERIT 2018 – LIST OF AWARDEES
Regional Office (No. of awardees) Category of Award Name & Address of the Society Patna (2) Special Category (Dairy) Excellence:-The Baner Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society Ltd., At/P.O. Baner, Village Jaipatna District Kalahandi. Merit:- Santoshpur Service Cooperative Society, At – Santoshpur PO – Vellora, PS – Basta, Dist Balasore Bangaluru (8) Best PACS Excellence: The Panja Primary Agricultural Credit Co-operative Society Ltd., L. 1028, PO-Panja Sullia Taluk, Dakshina Kannada District, Karnataka. Merit:- Kinnal Primary Agricultural Credit Cooperative Society Ltd., Kinnal, TQ & Dist Koppal, Karnataka. Special Category (Dairy) Excellence: Bhairumbe Milk Producers Co-op Society Ltd., Bhairumbe, Sirsi Taluk, Uttara Kannada District, Karnataka. Merit:- Kelgere Milk Producers Co-op Society, Channapatna Taluk, Ramnagara District, Karnataka Special Category (Processing) Excellence:Yadura Prathamik Krishi Pattina Sahakara Sangh Niyamitha, Chikodi Taluk, Belgaum District, Karnataka. Merit:Tarabanahalli Milk Producers women Co-op Society, Doddahejjajji PO, Doddaballapur TQ, Bangalore Rural District, Karnataka Best Women Cooperative Excellence:Mudhol Mahila Credit Souharda Sahakari Niyamitha, Mudhol, SS Patil Building, Anand Nagar, Bagalkot District, Karnataka. Merit:Yashaswini Mahila souharda Credit Co-operative Ltd., #107, Pipeline Main Road, Offices Model Colony, T. Dasarahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka. Thiruvanan-thapuram(8) Best PACS Excellence:Calicut town Service Coop Bank, Town Bank tower, A.G Road, Kozhikode, Kerala. Merit:Peringandoor Service Coop Bank Ltd., No. 297, Athani, Thissur District, Kerala Special Category (Labour, SC/ ST, Coir Handloom & Dairy) Excellence:The Uralungal Labour Contract Cooperative society Ltd., Madapally College P.O, Vatakara, Kozhikode, Kerala. Merit:Narakkal Nayarambalam Fishermen Development Welfare Cooperative society Ltd. No. FE 14/87 CZ, Aaratuvazhi, Narakkal, Eranakulam Dist. Kerala. Special Category (Cooperative Hospital) Excellence:Cherpulassery Cooperative Hospital Ltd., Cherpulassery P.O, Palakkad Dist. Kerala Merit:EMS Memorail Cooperative hospital & research centre, P.B No - 25, Perinthalmana, Malappuram, Dist. Kerala Best Women Cooperative Excellence:Neillimoodu Vanitha Co-operative Society Ltd., Neillimoodu P.O., Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala Merit:Elenthikara Vanitha Co-operative Society Ltd., Elenthikara, P.O Eranakulam (Dist.), Kerala Kolkata (West Bengal) (8) Best PACS Excellence:Jhaugeria Purbamukundapur SKUS Ltd., Vill - Purbamukundapur, P.O - Jhaugeria, PS - Digha Mohana Costal, Dist. - Purba Medinipur, West Bengal. Merit:Chandanpur SKUS Ltd. Vill - Sultanpur, PO - Erenda, Dist. Purba Medinipur, West Bengal. Special Category (Agriculture Marketing) Excellence:Daspur Block - Cooperative Agriculture Marketing Society Ltd. Vill - Chechua Gobindanagar, P.O - Sekendary, District - Paschim Madinapur, West Bengal. Merit:Jhalda Large Sized Agriculture Primary Marketing Cooperative Society Ltd., Purulia District, West Bengal Special Category (Consumer) Excellence:Haldia Indian oil Employees 'Consumers' co-operative stores ltd., cluster -11, IOC haldia township, District - Purba medinipur, West Bengal. Merit:Haldia Dock Complex Consumers cooperative society ltd., Cluster - 5, Haldia Township, District - Purba medinipur, West Bengal. Best Women Cooperative Excellence:Bagnan-I Mahila Bikash Co-op credit society Ltd., Howrah District, Vill + P.O Bengalpur, West Bengal. Merit:Calcutta Mahila Cooperative Credit Society Ltd., ARDB Training Center Block-14, CIT scheme VIIIM, Ultadanga, Kolkata, West Bengal Kolkata (Sikkim) (3) Best PACS Excellence: Luing Perbing Multipurpose Co-op Society Ltd., Luing Perbing, East Sikkim. Special Category (Dairy)) Excellence:Kadamtam Womens Milk PCS Ltd., Kadamtam, East Sikkim. Best Women Cooperative Excellence:Nayuma Women's coop society ltd., lall bazaar, Gangtok, East Sikkim. Dehradun (8) Best PACS Excellence:Bahudessiya Kisan Sewa Sahkari Samiti Ltd., Sewla Kalan (Majra), Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Merit:Bahudessiya Sadhan Sahakari Samiti Ltd., Duadhar, Narendranagar, Tihari Garhwal, Uttarakhand Special Category (Dairy) Excellence:Dugdh Utpadak Sahakari Samiti Ltd., Sanjay Natar, Uttranchal, lal Kuan, Nainital, Uttarakhand. Merit:Dugdh Utpadak Sahakari Samiti Ltd., Futkuan, Devalchor, Nainital, Uttarakhand Special Category (SC/ST society) Excellence:Nanheda Anantpur Kisan Sewa Sahakari Samiti Ltd., FSS, Haridwar, Uttarakhand. Merit:Syalsi Deerghakar Bahudessiya Sadhan Sah. Samiti ltd., Jaunpur, Tihari Garhwal, Uttarakhand. Best Women Cooperative Excellence:Mahila Dugdh Utpadak Sahakari Samiti Ltd., Chandni Chowk, Kaladunghi, Nainital, Uttarakhand. Merit:Mahila Dugdh Utpadak Sahakari Samiti Ltd., Chorajali, Kaladunghi, Nainital, Uttarakhand Gandhinagar (Gujarat) (8) Best PACS Excellence:Shree Kolithad Juth Seva Sahakari Mandali Ltd., At&Po. Kolithad, Tal: Gondal. Dist: Rajkot, Gujarat Merit:Shree Sevani Sewa Sahakari Mandli Ltd., At. Po. Sevani, Tal: Kamrej, Dist: Surat, Gujarat Special Category (Dairy) Excellence:Shree Varmadhar Dudh Utpadak Sahakari Mandli Ltd., At. & Po. Varmadhar, Tal: Thangadh, Dist: Surendranagar, Gujarat Merit:The Vaghanera Dudh Utpadak S.M.Ltd. Vaghaner Po-Rupan, Ta- Mandli, District- Surat, Gujarat Special Category (Sugar) Excellence:Shree Khedut Sahakari Khand Udyog mandlli Ltd.Pandavai, Ta- hansot, Dist- Bharuch, Gujarat. Merit:Shree Madhi Vibhag Khand Udyog Sahakari mandlli Ltd. At & Post-Madhi-394340, Ta-Bardoli, Dist- Surat, Gujarat. Best Women Cooperative Excellence:Shree Sorath Mahila Vikas Sahkari Mandli Ltd, Ambuja Foundation, Ambujanagar, Kodinar Dist-Gir Somnath-362720, Gujarat Merit:Shree Junagadh Mahila Sarafi Sahkari Mandli Ltd J B Complex, Third Floor, Near Bus stand S T Road Dist-Junagadh Gujarat. Gandhinagar (Daman & Diu) (2) Special Category (Fisheries) Excellence:Shree Mahakaleshwar fisheries Cooperative societies Ltd Gomtimata Road, Saudwadi (Diu). Merit:Matsya Udyog Vividh Karyakari Sahkari society Ltd Damanganga River Road Near Fisheries office Nani Daman. Ranchi (3) Best PACS Excellence:Potka Grameen Poultry Coop. Society Ltd. East Singhbhum, Jharkhand Best Women Cooperative Excellence:Namkum LAMPS Ltd., Namkum, Ranchi, Jharkhand. Merit:: Peterwar Grameen Poultry Self-Supporting Coop. Society Ltd., Peterwar, Bokaro, Jharkhand Lucknow (2) Best PACS Excellence:Pinna Kisan Sewa Sahkari Samiti Ltd., Pinna Block–Purkazi, Post Vaghra, District Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh. Merit:Lakpedaganj Kisan Sewa Sahkari Samiti Ltd., Block-Nakha, District Lakhimpur Kheri, Uttar Pradesh. Bhubaneswar (3) Best PACS Excellence:BANER PACS Ltd., At/PO-Baner, Via. Jaipatna, Dist. – Kalahandi, Odisha. Merit:Santoshpur Service Cooperative Soc. Ltd., At-Santoshpur, PO-Velora, Dist. Balasore, Odisha Special Category (Fisheries) Excellence:Samudrika Machhya Utpadaka Banijya Prathamika Samabaya Samiti Ltd. At-Fishery Harbour, PO-Paradeep, Dist.-Jagatsinghpur, Odisha Raipur (4) Best PACS Excellence:Seva Sahakari Samiti Maryadit, Aundhi, Raipur. Merit:Vrihtakar krishi Sakh Sakhari Samiti Maryadit, Gadadih, Raipur Special Category (Dairy) Excellence:Dugdh Utpadak Sahakari Samiti Maryadit, Chipawan, Raipur Merit:Dugdh Utpadak Sahakari Samiti Maryadit, Narotra, Raipur. Pune (Maharashtra) (6) Best PACS Excellence:Rajuri Vividh Karyakari Seva Sahakari Society Ltd., Rajuri, Taluka Junnar, Dist. Pune, Maharashtra. Merit:Ambavade Vividh Karyakari Seva Sahakari Sanstha Maryadit, Dist. Satara, Maharashtra Special Category (Sugar) Excellence:Sahakarmaharshi Bhausaheb Thorat Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd., Amrutnagar, Post Sangamner, Taluka Sngamner, Dist. Ahmednagar, Maharashtra. Merit:Vitthalrao Shinde Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd.,Gangamainagar, Pimpalner, Taluka Madha, Dist. Solapur, Maharashtra Special Category (Spinning ) Excellence:Hutatma Swami Warke Cooperative Spinning Mill Ltd., Mudhal Dist. Kolhapur, Maharashtra Best Women Cooperative Excellence:Annapurna Mahila Coop. Credit Society Ltd., C Wing, Shubham Heights, Service Road, Warje, Pune, Maharashtra. Pune (Goa) (3) Best PACS Excellence:Pedne Taluka Farmers’ Service Cooperative Society Ltd. Sahakar Bhavan , Pedne , Goa Merit:Kurdi Vividh Karyakari Sahakari Seva Society Ltd. Sahakar Sadan , Gokulwadi, Sanquelim, Goa Special Category Excellence:Karmali Corlim Multipurpose Cooperative Society Ltd. Goa Bhopal (4) Best PACS Excellence:Adimjati Seva Sahakari Sanstha Mydt., Sonrva, Alirajpur, Madhya Pradesh Special Category (Marketing) Excellence:Marketing Cooperative Society, Petlawad, Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh Special Category (Thrift) Excellence:Sadguru Sakh Sahakari Sanstha Mydt., 41 Subhash Marg, Near Nalkha Darwaza Dhar, Madhya Pradesh. Best Women Cooperative Excellence:Swashri Mahila Saakh Sahakari Sanstha Mydt., 59 B, Sudaman Nagar, Behind Maharashtra Bank, Annapuma Road, lndore, Madhya Pradesh Shimla (1) Best PACS Excellence:The Paunta Agriculture Service Cooperative Society Ltd., Paunta, P.O. Paunta, Tehsil Sarkaghat, District Mandi, HP Chandigarh Jammu & Kashmir (2) Best PACS Excellence:Multipurpose Cooperative Society Handwara Ltd., Tehsil Handwara, District Kupwara, Jammu & Kashmir. Best Women Cooperative Excellence:The Tullamullah Ganderbal Milk Producers and Dairy/Poultry Cooperative Society Ltd., District Ganderbal, Jammu & Kashmir Guwahati (Assam) (1) Special Category (Consumer ) Merit:Karimganj Wholesale Consumer Coop.store Station Road, P.O. Karimganj, Assam Guwahati (Mizoram) (1) Merit:Champai Town MPCS Guwahati (Manipur) (2) Best PACS Excellence:The Khabam Maning Leikai Weavers Cooperative Society P.O. Mantripukhri, District Imphal, East Manipur. Best Women Cooperative Merit:The Utlou Weavers Cooperative Society Utlou, Bishnupur Dist., Manipur. Guwahati (Meghalaya) (1) Special Category (Consumer ) Merit:Departmental Cooperative Consumers Store Ltd. R&R Colony, P.O. Rynjah, Shillong, Meghalaya Guwahati (Tripura) (5) Best PACS Excellence:Pragati PACS, P.O. Paschim Bhubanban, Mohanpur, West Tripura. Merit:Netaji PACS Sarasimha, P.O. Belonia, South Tripura District Special Category (Marketing) Excellence:Kumarghat PMCS., P.O.Kumarghat, Unokoti, Tripura. Merit:Udaipur PMCS Udaipur, Gomati District, Tripura Best Women Cooperative Excellence:Popular Women Coop. Credit & Thrift Society, Tepania, Udaipur, Dist. Gomati, Tripura Jaipur (2) Best PACS Excellence:Shri Ram Gram Sewa Sahkari Samiti Ltd., Hingonia, Ajmer, Rajasthan Merit:Borkheda Gram Sewa Sahkari Samiti Ltd., Borkheda, Kota, Rajasthan. Chennai (9) Best PACS Excellence:Vanavasi Primary Agri. Coop. Credit Society Ltd., Vanavasi PO, Mettur Tk, Salem District, Tamil Nadu Merit:Muhilanvilai Primary Agricultural Coop. Credit Society Ltd., Monikettipottal PO, Kanyakumar District, Tamil Nadu Special Category Excellence:DD 424 Educational and Electricity Generation & Distribution Coop. T&C Society Ltd., Periyakulam PO, Theni District, Tamil Nadu. Merit:Athimalaipattu Arignar Anna Cotton-cum-Silk Handloom Weavers Coop. Prodn. & Sale Socy Ltd., Anthanar Street, Athimalaipattu, Onnupuram Post-632315, Ami Tk, Tiruvannamalai District, Tamil Nadu Excellence:SN 208 Pallipalayam Farmers Service Coop. Society Ltd., Pallipalayam Erode 638006, Namakkal District, Tamil Nadu. Merit:Salem Dist. Starch and Sago Mfrs Service Industrial Coop. Society Ltd., Salem, Tamil Nadu. Best Women Cooperative Excellence:Kancheepuram Ladies Tailoring Coop. Society Ltd., No.14, Theerar Sathyamoorthy Street, Lyyappa Nagar, Sevilimedu, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu Merit:Velapadi Womens Tailoring and Small Service Cooperative Society Ltd., Vellore District, Tamil Nadu Merit:Nilgiris District Tailoring Women Development Cooperative Society Ltd., Coop. Credit Society Ltd. Ananda Oil Depot Building, ATC, Ooty, Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu. Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh) (8) Best PACS Excellence:The Kolavennu PACS, Kolavenunu, Kankipadu Mandal, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh Merit:The Andhra Bank FSCS, Sathanapalli Mandal, Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh Special Category Excellence:The Krishna District Lorry Owners Mutually aided Coop. Stores Ltd., Vijayawada, Krishan District, Andhra Pradesh Merit:SV Medical College Student's Coop. Stores Ltd., Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh Excellence:Dubacharia Milk Producers Cooperative Society Ltd., Nallajarla, West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh. Merit:Gundugolanu Milk Producers Cooperative Society Ltd., Nallajarla, West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh Best Women Cooperative Excellence:Gudluru Women Cooperative Society Ltd., Prakasam District, Andhra Pradesh Merit:Benkili WMACVS Ltd., Srikakulam District, Andhra Pradesh Hyderabad (Telangana) (7) Best PACS Excellence:Choppadandi Primary Agricultural Coop. Society Ltd., Agricultural Market Road, Choppadandi – 505415, Karimnagar District, Telangana Merit:: Palavoncha Large Sized Coop. Credit Society Ltd., Palvancha, K.S.P Road, Beside Netaji College, Palvancha Mandal Bhadradri Kothagudem Dist., Telangana Special Category (Fisheries) Excellence:Kandikal Fishermen Coop. Society, Kandikal, Boiguda, Chakrinaka, Hyderabad, Telangana Merit:Fisherwomen Cooperative Society Ltd., Shaikpet, Hyderabad, Telangana. Special Category (Sheep & goat) Excellence:Sri Ramakrishna Primary Sheep Breeders Coop. Society Ltd., Indloor, Thipparthy Mandal, Nalgonda District, Telangana Best Women Cooperative Excellence:Vidhyutha Nagar Mutually Aided Coop. Society Ltd., Rama Chandrapuram Mandal, Vidhyuth Nagar Village, Sangareddy District, Telangana Merit:Sadhana Mutually Aided Coop. Society Ltd., Nelakondapalli Mandal & Village, Khammam District, Telangana.
Regional Workshop on Strengthening Women Cooperatives
The General Council, NCDC in its 82nd Meeting held on 21.11.2017 while commending the success of the two day ‘National Workshop on Strengthening Women Cooperative’ held in March 2017 at New Delhi suggested that similar workshops at Regional level be organised - one in each region of the country including the North East.
The main objectives of the workshops was to highlight the role of Women Cooperatives in Doubling the Farmers’ Income by 2022 and the action taken by NCDC to re-invigorate its efforts to meet the core requirements of the agriculture and allied sector cooperatives, understanding Women’s Cooperatives’ needs and to provide a platform for them to voice their recommendations for their development and NCDC initiative to encourage entrepreneurs to start new business under its new Scheme ‘Yuva Sahakar- Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme’.
Accordingly, NCDC organised five workshops for Women in Cooperatives in 2018-19.
- Chennai - 16 August 2018: Organized at Natesan Institute of Cooperative Management for the benefit of women cooperatives in the Southern Region, the workshop was attended by 96 women participants representing women cooperatives from Andhra Pradesh & Telangana (6), Karnataka (5), Kerala (4), Tamil Nadu (73) and Puducherry (8).
- Guwahati - 20 August 2018: The Workshop at Guwahati for North Eastern Region was attended by 250 people including 196 women members. Women cooperative societies from Hatigaon, Golaghat, Nagaon, Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Tezpur, Jorhat and Project Implementation Team of IFAD, Nagaland were part of the gathering, The workshop was inaugurated by the Minister for Cooperation and Public Health Engineering Department, Government of Assam.
- Ranchi - 31 August 2019: The Workshop for the Eastern Region was held at Visvesvaraya Sanitation & Water Academy (VISWA), in which 42 women participants representing cooperatives from the States of Jharkhand, Bihar, Orissa, West Bengal and Chhattisgarh participated in the workshop. The Workshop was inaugurated by Smt. Asha Lakra, Hon’ble Mayor, Ranchi.
- Rajkot on 15 October 2018: Coinciding with 15 October each year being Mahila Kisan Diwas as declared by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India, a workshop was held on 15 October 2018 at Rajkot, Gujarat. More than 500 women members of various cooperative societies (PACS, Dairy, Banking etc) of Saurashtra Regions (i.e. Rajkot, Morbi, etc.) and Madhya Pradesh participated.
- Varanasi - 30 October 2018: For the northern region the workshop was organised at Varanasi. The event witnessed a gathering of women across various states of Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand etc. all associated in various agriculture and related activities.
The workshops received an overwhelming response and the feedback from the participant’s and recommendations drawn include:
- Need for financial assistance for creation of infrastructure and margin money/ working capital for expanding their business operations.
- A systematic & planned approach towards capacity development and the need for specific allocation of funds for training.
- NCDC and other institutions should endeavour to increase outreach, hand-holding to women cooperatives for formulation of projects, filling up loan applications & other documentation.
- Relaxation in the norms for accessing funds as most women cooperatives are unable to meet the stipulation with regard to providing security for loans.
- Need to identify secondary agriculture activities to supplement farm income.
- Fellowships for Faculty Development Programme (FDP) at IIM-Ahmedabad and IIM-Indore to develop professional skills and training capability of cooperative institutions
- Fellowships for development of managerial skills of managers/executives of cooperatives at VAMNICOM, Pune.
Study visits for the Directors of BoM, Chairman, CEOs and other key personnel of cooperative societies to good working societies within the country to help them learn success factors and develop conviction and replicate the success.
Design & Production-Studio Cell
NCDC has set up its own in-house Design and Production-Studio Cell for making video and graphical artwork, in 2019-20.
During the year 2019-20 the Studio Cell was engaged in producing promotional items on various subjects. Promotional film for IICTF-2019 and NCDC were produced in the studio cell. Short films were also made on13 sectors viz like marketing, logistics, farm mechanization, mining, consumer cooperatives, cooperative banking, dairy, fishery, textile, women cooperatives, storage, sugar and handloom. Further promotional film was also made for Network for the Development of Agricultural Cooperatives in Asia and the Pacific (NEDAC), a unique international forum linking multiple apex cooperative organizations. These films were displayed during India International Cooperative Trade Fair (IICTF)-2019