Name of Regional Directorate: Pune
Jurisdiction: Maharashtra, Goa and Dadar & Nagar Haveli
Address: 5, B.J. Road, 1st Floor, Maharashtra State Sahakari Sangh Building, Near Hotel
Woodland, Sadhu Vaswani Chowk, Pune, Maharashtra- 411001
Name of Regional Director : Lt. Col. Vinit Narayan
Contact details: Ph. No. 020-26127049, (CRM: 9311765347)
Fax: 020-29516101, Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Route map of directorate):
Cooperatives Societies in Maharashtra: (As on 31/03/2023)
|S.No.||Category of Societies||Number|
|1||State Level Cooperative Organizations (representing Marketing, Dairy Handloom Weavers, Fishermen, Sericulture, Oilseed, Sheep & Goat, Credit and Banking)||5|
|2||District Central Cooperative Bank||77|
|3||Primary Agriculture Credit Cooperative Society||23656|
|4||Dairy Cooperative union||187|
|5||Upsa Irrigation Institution||7722|
|7||Sugarcane Supply Co-operative Societies/Transport Co-operative Societies||447|
Farmers Cooperatives, Community Farming Organizations
|9||Cooperative Sugar Mills||132|
|10||Buying and Selling Cooperative Association (District and Taluka)||480|
|11||District and Central Customer Cooperative Stores||281|
|12||Forest Workers Cooperative Society||442|
|13||District Land Development Bank||18|
|14||District Labor Cooperative Federation||92|
|15||District Cooperative Milk Association||187|
|16||District Cooperative Board||44|
|17||District/Intermediate Weaver Co-operative Societies||13|
|18||Taluka Supervising Institution||135|
|19||Urban Co-operative Credit Institutions and Rural Non-Agricultural Credit Institutions||20998|
|20||Urban Cooperative Banks||713|
|21||Urban cooperative banks and salaried cooperative banks||486|
|22||Such institutions as the Registrar may from time to time classify into Class A||1231|
|23||Such organizations as the Registrar may classify from time to time||3835|
|24||Category b such organizations as the Registrar may classify from time to time||384|
|25||Organizations of salaried employees||7696|
|26||Salaried Servants' Cooperative Credit Institutions||1121|
|27||Salaried Employees Cooperative Banks||89|
|28||Primary Industrial Co-operative Societies||10256|
|29||Primary Poultry Breeding, Goat Breeding and Cattle Breeding Institutions||1054|
|30||Primary customer cooperatives||3377|
|31||Primary Milk Cooperatives||14554|
|32||Primary weavers’ co-operative society||2431|
|33||Balutedar Cooperative Society||435|
|34||Labor Co-operative Societies||13748|
|35||Mula-Pravara Electrical Co-operative Society and other electrical institutions||9|
|36||Maharashtra State Tribal Development Corporation||7|
|37||Maharashtra State Federation of Industrial Co-operative Societies||126|
|38||Maharashtra State Nagari Bank Association||22|
|39||Maharashtra State Federation of Labor Co-operative Societies||74|
|40||Maharashtra State Classification Federation and Development Society||23|
|41||Maharashtra State Cooperative Cotton Growers Federation||15
|42||Maharashtra State Cooperative Consumer Federation||45|
|43||Maharashtra State Cooperative Housing Finance Corporation||217|
|44||Maharashtra State Cooperative Forest Workers||9|
|45||Maharashtra State Cooperative Textile Federation||12|
|46||Maharashtra State Cooperative Milk Association (Mahananda)||18|
|47||Maharashtra State Cooperative Marketing Federation||35|
|48||Maharashtra State Federation of Co-operative Credit Societies||164|
|49||Maharashtra State Cooperative Land Development Bank||5|
|50||Maharashtra State Cooperative Fisheries Association||73|
|51||Maharashtra State Cooperative Yarn Federation||15|
|52||Maharashtra State Co-operative Union and its Departmental Board||15|
|53||Maharashtra State Cooperative Cotton Mill Federation||6|
|54||Maharashtra State Cooperative Handloom Federation||8|
|55||Maharashtra State Co. Op Sugar Industries||1|
|56||Other District Federations not mentioned above||280|
|57||All types of primary marketing organizations and agricultural processing organizations||2603|
|58||Service cooperatives and unemployment organizations||15412|
|59||Co-operative Industrial Estate||1011|
|60||Co-operative Pinjani and Gasdya Building Institutions/Rice Mills and Oil Mills||122|
|62||Cooperative Starch Factory||4|
Implementation of NCDC Programmes:
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2023, NCDC has provided total disbursement of Rs. 18877.85 crore benefiting various cooperative projects/units as follows:
|S.No.||Scheme/Activity||Cumulative Disbursement as on
31-03-2023 (Rs. in crore)
|1||Marketing & Inputs||73.3|
|3||Ginning & Pressing and Spinning||1849.50|
|8||Fruit & Vegetable||39.86|
|10||Storage & Cold Storage||108.22|
|12||Weaker Section Cooperatives||699.33|
|13||Industrial & Service Cooperatives||122.33|
|14||Assistance for Computerization||2.63|
|15||Prom. & Development Role including CSR||3.49|
|16||ICDP in selected States||0.00|
|17||Farmers Produce Organization||0.97|
Sanctions and Release details of last 5 years (Rs. in crore)
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant achievements/ issues during the last 5 years (2018-19 to 2022-23):
- Sugar: Assistance sanctioned and disbursed to sugar sector for modernisation-cum-expansion of existing mills, setting up of new sugar mills, cogeneration units, distilleries, particle board plant, paper units, construction of sugar godowns, working capital, etc. during the last five years is as below:
Textile Sector: Financial assistance of Rs. 196.36crore, Rs.96.46crore, Rs.73.92 crore, Rs.21.19 crore & Rs 46.72 crore extended by this RO for the FY 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22 & 2022-23 respectively.
Service Sector: Financial assistance of Rs.28.00 crore, Rs.38.00crore, Rs.27.20 crore, Rs.7.70 crore & Rs 6.40 crore extended by this RO for the FY 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22 & 2022-23 respectively.
Annapurna Mahila Credit Co-op Society Ltd.
Annapurna Mahila Credit Co-op Society Ltd. is a part of the Annapurna Pariwar conglomerate which is a group of 6 Non-Profit sister organizations working for the empowerment of poor women. Annapurna Pariwar is working in Pune and Mumbai for last 30 years with poor families by providing them a comprehensive solution to poverty since 1993.
The aim is to empower the poor women and their families by giving small loans and other financial as well as non-financial services. Today, Annapurna Mahila Coop. Credit Society Ltd. is covering over 1, 25,000 members. There are 95% women and 5% men borrowers.
- Annapurna Mahila Credit Co-op Society Ltd. is working in 100% slum pockets in Pune and 50% slum pockets in Mumbai.
- The Members also get a share in the profits earned by way of Dividend.
- Member representatives are on the Managing Committee too.
- Annapurna Pariwar has nearly 375 staff, majority of them are women.
Though Annapurna Pariwar started with Micro Finance service for the empowerment of poor women, it did not stop at that. It went on addressing the other social problems of these women.
Annapurna Pariwar seeks to empower the poor self-employed women and their families through the following services:
1. It provides a comprehensive package of Micro Credit & Savings to the poor without any collateral security and guarantor.
2. It runs a Community Based Insurance program covering Health, Life & Family and Asset Loss.
3. It implements a Long-term Saving Scheme for Old Age financial security (pension) called Adharpurna for its members.
4. It runs 11 Day Care Centers in Pune and 1 Day Care Centre in Mumbai for children from age group 1 to 6 of working parents from poor families who are provided 8 hours of day care.
5. It provides educational sponsorship to children of single mothers, so that they can pursue their education.
6. Through Dada Purao Research & Training Institute, it publishes books and research papers in Microfinance and Micro Insurance.
NCDC in Goa
Cooperative Societies in Goa :( As on 31/03/2023)
|S.No.||Categories of Societies||Number|
|1||Apex Bank Goa State Cooperative Bank||
|2||Urban Cooperative Bank||4|
|3||Urban Cooperative Credit Societies||119|
|4||Salary earners Co-op Credit Societies||240|
|5||Consumer Co-operative Societies||73|
|6||Dairy Co-operative Societies||192|
|7||Farming Co-operative Societies||16|
|8||Fisheries Co-operative Societies||19|
|9||Housing Co-operative Societies||2780|
|10||Industrial Co-operative Societies||23|
|11||Marketing Co-operative Societies||6|
|12||Poultry Co-operative Societies||2|
|Processing Co-operative Societies||5|
|14||Transport Co-operative Societies||1|
|15||Labour Co-operative Societies||12|
|16||Panivatap Co-operative Societies||93|
|17||General Co-operative Societies||50|
|18||Producers Co-operative Societies||10|
|19||Self Help Group Cooperative Societies||1419|
|21||Primary Agricultural Credit Societies||74|
Implementation of NCDC Programmes:
Financial support by NCDC: Up to 31.03.2023, NCDC has provided total disbursement of Rs 5.08 crore, benefitting various Cooperative projects/units as follows:
Sanctions and Release details of last 5 years (Rs. in crore)
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant achievements/ issues during the last 5 years (2018-19 to 2022-23)
- During 2018-19, Rs.19.52 lakh was sanctioned to Govt. of Goa for assisting Goa Bagayatdar Sahakari Kharedi Vikri Sangh Ltd., Ponda towards purchase of 2 transport vehicles. Reimbursement claim is awaited from Govt. of Goa.
- During 2018-19, Rs.30.32 lakh was sanctioned to Govt. of Goa for assisting Goa State Cooperative Marketing and Supply Federation Ltd. towards computerization of its branches and its head office. Reimbursement claim is awaited from Govt. of Goa
- During 2019-20 an amount of Rs.11.09 lakh has been released to Govt. of Goa for purchase of one transport vehicles of Goa Bagayatdar Sahakari Kharedi Vikri Sangh Ltd. Ponda, Goa.
- During 2020-21 an amount of Rs.19.23 lakh has been released to Govt. of Goa for purchase of one transport vehicles of Goa Bagayatdar Sahakari Kharedi Vikri Sangh Ltd., Ponda, Goa.
- During 2021-22 a proposal of Goa Bagayatdar Kharedi Vikri Society of Rs. 3.54 crore received and is on hold due to CSISAC Scheme for further continuation.
Development Opportunities in the State/UT through Cooperatives:
- Modernization-cum-expansion, capacity optimization and cogeneration projects of Cooperative Sugar Mills.
- Working capital to Cooperatives, including sugar mills, marketing, Agri Credit Cooperatives.
- Creating storage capacity by Cooperatives in rural areas.
- Focus on Service Sectors
- Promoting Agro. Processing and other value addition activities.
- Formation of FPOs/FFPOs.
- Goa Bagayatdar Sahakari Kharedi Vikri Sanstha Ltd., Ponda, Goa is one of the largest primary cooperative societies in Goa having annual business turnover of more than Rs.350 crore. It ensures remunerative price for the produce of its members i.e. fruits & vegetables, areca nuts, cashew nuts, coconut, black pepper and copra and ensures supply of quality agricultural inputs i.e. fertilizers, pesticides and seeds, supply of cattle feed, agricultural equipments, grocery items, etc. at a reasonable rate.
- Society’s Head Office & its 25 branches spread all over Goa have been computerized with financial assistance under NCDC scheme of Computerization.
- More than 730 persons have been provided direct employment by the society. The members of the society are paid dividend every year ranging from 8% to 16%. The society also imparts training to its members from time to time and organizes visits to farms of progressive farmers in neighbouring states for adoption of newer technologies in Agri-farming. The children of members and staff are encouraged by giving academic awards annually.
- Society has also received NCDC Cooperative Excellence Award twice (2002 & 2010) and the Laxmanrao Inamdar National Award for Cooperative Excellence, 2017.