Name of Regional Directorate: Raipur
Address: 10th Floor, Tower: C, Commercial Complex, CBD, Sector-21, Nava Raipur, Atal Nagar–492 002 (C.G.)
Regional Director: Sh. Kailash Kumar Kaushik
Contact details : Ph. # 0771-2252086, Fax # 0771-2442086,
Google Map link (Route map of Directorate): https://googl/maps/Q5EpePWEVCe9Cr179
Cooperatives in Chhattisgarh:
|S.No.||Category of societies||Number|
|2||State level Primary cooperative societies||27|
|3||Block level /Multi district level primary cooperative societies||26|
|5||PACS (1391) and LAMPS (667)||2058|
|6||Primary Seed producer & storage cooperative society||37|
|7||Primary Fisheries cooperative societies||1430|
|8||Marketing and Processing cooperative societies||80|
|9||Primary Dairy cooperative societies||623|
|10||District cooperative wholesale consumer store||6|
|11||Primary Gramin House building cooperative societies||1|
|12||Primary House building cooperative societies||157|
|13||Primary Industrial cooperative society||67|
|14||Sugar cooperative society||4|
|15||Primary Community Agriculture/Joint Agriculture cooperative society||7|
|16||Primary Multipurpose cooperative society||256|
|17||Primary Transport cooperative society||7|
|18||Primary weaver cooperative society||343|
|19||Primary Labour cooperative society||50|
|20||Primary Printing press cooperative society||24|
|21||Primary Fruits, Flowers, Vegetables Producer and Marketing cooperative society||43|
|22||Primary Animal Husbandry cooperative society||1|
|23||Primary Poultry cooperative society||63|
|24||Primary Aabkari cooperative society||1|
|25||Primary Unemployed cooperative society||2|
|26||Citizen cooperative bank||12|
|27||Primary non-agriculture credit cooperative societies||143|
|28||District minor forest producer cooperative union||28|
|29||Primary forest producer cooperative society||902|
|30||District Tree union||0|
|31||Primary Tree Society||2|
|32||Primary Mineral cooperative society||23|
|33||District cooperative union||16|
|34||District Antavyasayi cooperative societies||27|
|35||Primary consumer cooperative store||772|
|36||Primary Food Security consumer cooperative societies||3147|
|37||Primary cooperative canteen||3|
|38||Primary Other cooperative societies||165|
|39||Primary Service sector cooperative societies||4|
Implementation of NCDC Programmes:
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2022 , NCDC has provided total disbursement of Rs. 66315.14 crore (since 2011-12 after reopening of the Regional Office in Raipur) benefitting various cooperative projects/units as follows:
|S.No.||Scheme/Activity|| Cumulative Disbursement as on
31.03.2022 (Rs. in crore)
|1||Marketing & Inputs||65943.910|
Sector wise cumulative disbursements
Cumulative disbursement as on 31.03.2022 (Rs in crore)
Achievements during last 5 years (Up to 31.03.2022):
|Year||Assistance (Rs. in crore)|
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant achievements:
- Chhattisgarh State Cooperative Marketing Federation Limited, Raipur is the nodal agency for paddy procurement in the State and has been provided with working capital assistance of Rs. 12400.00 crore during FY 2021-22 for paddy procurement. The procurement benefits farmers of the state in realizing better price by purchasing paddy through 2058 PACS/LAMPS of 28 districts of the state. During the last 5 years an amount of Rs.46361.14 crore has been provided to CG Markfed Ltd. towards paddy procurement and purchase of gunny bags.
- Sugar cooperative societies namely, Bhoramdev Sahakari Shakkar Utpadak Karkhana Maryadit, Kabirdham District has been assisted with working capital loan of Rs.248.98 crore and Lauh Purush Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Sahakari Shakkar Karkhana Limited, Pandriya, Kabirdham has been assisted with term loan of Rs. 81.00 crore & working capital of Rs.40.00 crore.
- During the year 2019-20, NCDC sanctioned Rs. 8.44 lakh towards construction of 250 MT Capacity godown under AMI scheme to Bilha Cooperative Marketing Society, Mungeli District. Earlier during the year 2018-19 the society was also provided with NCDC margin money assistance of Rs.34.00 lakh.
- Under SAHAKAR-22, target was overachieved for nurturing of primary cooperatives in FY 2020-21 and achieved in 2021-22.
- During 2021-22, RTC Raipur has conducted 5 online trainings for the co-operators/ representatives of PACS.
- During 2021-22, RTC Raipur has conducted 5 one-day training cum awareness programmes on PMMSY for the co-operators/fishermen & fisherwomen.
New Initiatives in the Region during F.Y. 2021-22:
- Establishment of Agro Processing Units/FPOs for value addition
- Promoting cooperatives under Yuva Sahakar – Cooperative Enterprise Support & Innovation Scheme and PACS as Modern Banking Units.
- Augmenting infrastructural facilities like godowns by the cooperative societies.
Initiatives for development of Aspirational Districts (identified by NITI Aayog) through Cooperatives:
- There are 10 aspirational districts in the State of Chhattisgarh as identified by the NITI Aayog viz., Rajnandgaon, Mahasamund, North Bastar Kanker, Bastar, South Bastar Dantewada, Kondagaon, Bijapur, Narayanpur, Korba and Sukma.
- Frequent visits have been made into the interiors and remote areas of the aspirational districts for nurturing of cooperatives, to understand the need of the cooperatives and to convince them for diversification from their existing business. PACs have shown their interest in availing assistance under direct funding scheme.
Development Opportunities in the State through Cooperatives:
- Establishment of Agro-processing centres including Rice Mills by cooperatives for doubling the income of the farmers and value addition of the farm produce.
- Providing working capital assistance for paddy procurement under price support scheme.
- Establishment of Ethanol Plants by Sugar Cooperative societies.
- Formation & Promotion of FPOs.
1)The Chhattisgarh State Cooperative Marketing Federation
Chhattisgarh State Cooperative Marketing Federation (MARKFED) is an apex level federation of cooperative marketing societies in Chhattisgarh. Chhattisgarh State Cooperative Marketing Federation Limited, Raipur (Registration No. 216 dated 31.10.2000) came into existence simultaneously with the creation of new Chhattisgarh state on 1st November 2000. MARKFED executes the work of paddy procurement under Price Support Scheme and supply of chemical fertilizers and plant protection material to the farmers of the state as per the instructions of Government.
The procurement process benefits the farmers by purchasing paddy through 1333 PACS/LAMPS of 28 districts of the state under Price Support Scheme. During the year 2020-21, the federation has availed financial assistance of Rs.12000.00 crore from NCDC.
2) Bilha Cooperative Marketing Society:
Bilha Cooperative Marketing Society came into existence in the year 1968 (Registration No. 21) in Mungeli District of Chhattisgarh. Society mainly deals in sale of fertilisers, pesticides, kerosene oil, seeds, cement and PDS.
Area of operation of the society covering more than 200 villages and it is helping the farmers of these villages by providing fertilizers and other basic requirement of agriculture.
Society has majority of SC/ST members (80% approx) out of 4902 members and has 4 godowns with the capacity of 1500 MT and a rice mill. Society is also providing employment to local people by recruiting, presently 08 employees are working. With the sanction of Rs.8.44 lakh of NCDC assistance for 250 MT capacity godown, the storage capacity of the society is expected to become 1750 MT capacity during 2020-21.
The society, so far has been provided with margin money assistance of Rs.54.00 lakh by NCDC (2012-13 & 2018-19). The society has been further sanctioned with Rs.8.44 lakh towards construction of 250 MT Capacity godown under AMI scheme during the year 2019-20.