Name of Regional Directorate: Raipur
Complete Address of Regional Directorate: 10th Floor, Tower – C, Commercial Complex, CBD, Sector-21, Nava Raipur, Atal Nagar–492 002 (C.G.)
Name of Regional Director: Sh. Kailash Kumar Kaushik
Contact details of Regional Directorate: Ph. # 0771-2252086, Fax # 0771-2442086,
Email: [email protected]
Google Map link (Route map of Directorate): https://goo.gl/maps/2EwhtRMSDb9gCrCa7
Cooperatives in Chhattisgarh:
|S.No.||Type of cooperative societies||No. of Societies|
|2||Division level/Multi district PACS||25|
|3||State level PACS||33|
|5||Citizen Cooperative Bank||14|
|6||Sugar cooperative society||10|
|7||District cooperative union||17|
|8||District minor forest producer cooperative society||30|
|9||Primary rural house building cooperative society||1|
|10||District Antavyasayi cooperative societies||27|
|11||District wholesale consumer cooperative||13|
|12||District Tree society||7|
|13||PACS (1391) and LAMPS (667)||2058|
|14||Primary non-agriculture credit cooperative societies||240|
|15||Primary forest producer cooperative society||911|
|16||Primary consumer cooperative societies||1759|
|17||Primary weaver cooperative society||456|
|18||House building cooperative societies||308|
|19||Marketing and Processing cooperative societies||116|
|20||Dairy cooperative societies||983|
|21||Fisheries cooperative societies||1651|
|22||Multipurpose cooperative society||648|
|23||Community Agriculture/Joint Agriculture cooperative society||72|
|24||Industrial cooperative society||259|
|25||Mineral cooperative society||295|
|26||Transport cooperative society||67|
|27||Primary cooperative canteen||45|
|28||Primary Tree Society||203|
|29||Labour cooperative society||179|
|30||Printing press cooperative society||45|
|31||Aabkari cooperative society||46|
|32||Fruits, Flowers, Vegetables Producer and Marketing cooperative society||92|
|33||Animal Husbandry cooperative society||11|
|34||Seed producer & storage cooperative society||100|
|35||Poultry cooperative society||7|
|36||Unemployed cooperative society||59|
|37||Primary Food Security consumer cooperative societies||2824|
|38||Other cooperative society||68|
Implementation of NCDC Programmes:
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2021 , NCDC has provided total disbursement of Rs. 53914.28 crore (since 2011-12 after reopening of the Regional Office in Raipur) benefitting various cooperative projects/units as follows:
|S.No.||Scheme/Activity||Cumulative Disbursement as on
31.03.2021 (Rs. in crore)
|1||Marketing & Inputs||53543.54|
Sector wise cumulative disbursements
Cumulative disbursement as on 31.03.2021 (Rs in crore)
Achievements during last 5 years (Up to 31.03.2021):
(Rs. in crore)
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant achievements:
- Chhattisgarh State Cooperative Marketing Federation Limited, Raipur is the nodal agency for paddy procurement in the State and has been provided with working capital assistance of Rs. 12000.00 crore during kharif marketing season 2020-21 for paddy procurement. The procurement process benefits farmers of the State in realizing better price by purchasing paddy through 2058 PACS/LAMPS of 28 districts of the state. Duringthe last 5 years an amount of Rs. 41761.13 crore has been provided to CG Markfed Ltd towards paddy procurement and purchase of gunny bags.
- Sugar cooperative societies namely, Bhoramdev Sahakari Shakkar Utpadak Karkhana Maryadit, Kabirdham District has been assisted with Working capital loan of Rs 248.98 crore and Lauh Purush Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Sahakari Shakkar Karkhana Limited, Pandriya, Kabirdham has been assisted with Term Loan of Rs. 81.00 crore&Working capital of Rs.40.00 crore.
- During the year 2019-20, NCDC sanctioned Rs. 8.44 lakh towards construction of 250 MT Capacity godown under AMI scheme to Bilha Cooperative Marketing Society, Mungeli District. Earlier during the year 2018-19 the society was also provided with NCDC margin money assistance of Rs.34.00 lakh.
New Initiatives in the Region during F.Y. 2020-21:
- Promotion and formation of FPOs under Central Sector Scheme of Promotion and Formation of 10,000 FPOs.
- Promoting cooperatives under YuvaSahakar – Cooperative Enterprise Support & Innovation Scheme and PACS as Modern Banking Units.
- Augmenting infrastructural facilities like godowns by the cooperative societies.
Initiatives for development of Aspirational Districts(identified by NITIAayog) through Cooperatives:
- There are 10 aspirational districts in the State of Chhattisgarh as identified by the NITI Aayog viz., Rajnandgaon, Mahasamund, North BastarKanker, Bastar, South BastarDantewada, Kondagaon, Bijapur, Narayanpur, Korba and Sukma. The Chhattisgarh State has considerable tribal population (40% approx) hence leaves scope for implementation of Backyard Poultry and Livestock programmes.
- Potential cooperatives can be assisted by NCDC for Processing activities under the PMFME Scheme, for new business ideas/initiatives under the YUVA Sahakar Scheme of the corporation in the above 10 districts in achieving balanced Cooperative development in the State.
Participation in One-day awareness program for members of cooperatives and SHGs at KVK, Raipur:
Awareness Programme on NCDC schemes like PMMSY, PMFME, FPO schemes was organized at KVK Raipur on 29/10/2020. Presentation and thorough discussion was made on NCDC role, function and schemes, procedure of application, sanction, release, recovery etc. After the presentation queries raised by the participants were answered and SHGs were encouraged to convert in cooperative entities to avail the benefits of NCDC schemes.
Participationin Buyer-Seller meet organized by KVK Raipur:
The Officials of RO Raipur participated in a Buyer-Seller meet organized by KVK Raipur on 27.02.2021, wherein, the participating SHGs and societies were briefed about the CSS Formation and Promotion of 10,000 FPOs scheme, PM FME Scheme and encouraged for taking benefit.
Development Opportunities in the Statethrough Cooperatives:
- Establishment of Agro-processing centres including Rice Mills by cooperatives for doubling the income of the farmers and value addition of the farm produce.
- Providing working capital assistance for paddy procurement under price support scheme.
- Creation of infrastructure facilities by Cooperatives under CSISAC Scheme.
- Establishment of Ethanol Plants by Sugar Cooperative societies.
- Formation & Promotion of FPOs.
- CG MARKFED Ltd:
Chhattisgarh State Cooperative Marketing Federation (MARKFED) is an Apex Level Federation of Cooperative Marketing Societies in the State of Chhattisgarh. Chhattisgarh State Cooperative Marketing Federation Limited, Raipur (Registration No. 216 dated 31.10.2000) came into existence simultaneously with the creation of new Chhattisgarh State on 1st November 2000. MARKFED executes the work of paddy procurement under Price Support Scheme and supply of chemical fertilizers and plant protection material to the farmers of the state as per the instructions of Government. The procurement process benefits the farmers by purchasing paddy through 1333 PACS/LAMPS of 28 districts of the state under Price Support Scheme. During the year 2020-21, the federation has availed financial assistance of Rs.12000.00 crore from NCDC.
- Bilha Cooperative Marketing Society:
Bilha Cooperative Marketing Society came into existence in the year 1968 (Registration No. 21) in Mungeli District of Chhattisgarh. Society mainly deals in sale of fertilisers, pesticides, kerosene oil, seeds, cement and PDS. Area of operation of the society covering more than 200 villages and it is helping the farmers of these villages by providing fertilizers and other basic requirement of agriculture. Society has majority of SC/ST members (80% approx) out of 4902 members and has 4 godowns with the capacity of 1500 MT and a rice mill. Society is also providing employment to local people by recruiting, presently 08 employees are working. With the sanction of Rs.8.44 lakh of NCDC assistance for 250 MT capacity godown, the storage capacity of the society is expected to become 1750 MT capacity during 2020-21. The society, so far has been provided with margin money assistance of Rs.54.00 lakh by NCDC (2012-13 & 2018-19). The society has been further sanctioned with Rs.8.44 lakh towards construction of 250 MT Capacity godown under AMI scheme during the year 2019-20.