India being an agrarian economy, processing of agricultural produce is of vital importance. It not only helps in value addition, but also in employment generation and exports of agri-produce. NCDC has been promoting cooperatives involved in processing of Foodgrains, Plantation Crops and Oilseeds, by providing financial assistance through State Governments, as well as directly to the processing societies, to meet the needs of these cooperatives.
Eligible Cooperative Societies:-
NCDC provides assistance to primary, district and state level cooperatives, either directly or through State Governments.
Assistance is provided for the following activities under various schemes of Marketing & Inputs:
- Margin money and working capital.
- Expansion/modernisation/rehabilitation/diversification of existing units.
- Strengthening of Share Capital base.
- Margin money/working capital to Commodity Cooperative and State-level Commodity Federations for expansion of their business activities.
Mode of Funding
Financial assistance is provided through the State Govt. or directly to the eligible cooperatives.
Quantum of Assistance and Pattern of Assistance
Varies from activity to activity and upto 90-95% of the total cost for the most of the activities. However, in case of strengthening of share capital base/margin money/working capital assistance, the quantum of assistance can be upto 100%.
For detailed pattern of assistance please click [PDF, English, 23.2KB] at the link provided.
Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme
To encourage newly formed cooperatives take advantage of innovative ventures, especially by societies with new/innovative idea, NCDC has introduced a new scheme titled, “Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme” linked to a Cooperative Startup and Innovation Fund created by NCDC.Please click [PDF, English, 32KB] for details of the Scheme
Norms for direct funding
Cooperatives operating for minimum three years & broadly fulfilling following criteria are eligible:
- Net worth should be positive
- There should be no erosion in share capital.
- Cash profit in last three years and net profit in two years
- Should be in a position to provide 1.25 to 1.5 times security.
For detailed norms of Direct Funding please click [PDF, English, 28KB] at the link provided.
NCDC is a implementation agency for the following Centrally sponsored/ Central sector Scheme:
PM Formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises Scheme (PM FME Scheme)
Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), Government of India, in partnership with the state/UT government, has launched an all India “Centrally Sponsored PM Formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises Scheme (PM FME Scheme)” for providing financial, technical and business support for upgradation of existing micro food processing enterprises. NCDC is one of the implementing agency for cooperative sector under the scheme.
Further details regarding operation guidelines of PM FME scheme can be checked from the MoFPI’s website www.mofpi.nic.in
National Beekeeping and Honey Mission (NBHM)
Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare has launched a new Central Sector Scheme “National Beekeeping and Honey Mission (NBHM)” for overall promotion & development of scientific beekeeping and production of quality honey & other beehive products is being implemented through National Bee Board. NCDC is the implementing agency for cooperatives in beekeeping and production of honey.
The NBHM will have following sub-schemes/ three Mini Missions:
- Mini Mission-I: Under this Mission, thrust will be given on production & productivity improvement of various crops through pollination assisted by adoption of scientific beekeeping;
- Mini Mission-II: This Mission will concentrate on post harvest management of beekeeping/ beehive products including collection, processing, storage, marketing, value addition, etc. with a thrust to develop requisite infrastructural facilities for these activities; and
- Mini Mission-III: This Mission will concentrate on Research & Technology generation for different Regions/ States/ Agro-Climatic and Socio-Economic conditions.
Cost norms have been fixed under various components for providing grants under NBHM scheme. Further details regarding operation guidelines of NBHM scheme and cost norms can be checked from the National Bee Board’s website www.nbb.gov.in
Common Loan Application Formfor availing assistance under the scheme of NCDC can be downloaded from NCDC’s website.
For further details, please contact or write to:
- Processing Division
National Cooperative Development Corporation,
4, Siri Institutional Area, Hauz Khas,
New Delhi – 110 016
PABX No.: 26567475, 26569246
Fax: +91-011-26962370, 26516032
- Regional Directorates of NCDC: Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram