Plot No-89, Sector-18,Institutional Area,
Gurugram, Haryana- 122015
Telephone: + 91124 2349027
Fax:+911242340674, Email : linacncdc.in, topicncdc.in
NCDC had set up its own training institution in 1985 through a World Bank project. This Institution over time has become a major facility for developing competencies of cooperative sector professionals in India and abroad. Building upon the strength of the training Institution and to promote research and development in the cooperative sector, the Government of India in February, 2018 upgraded the institute with a broader mandate for training, research and consultancy and renamed it Laxmanrao Inamdar National Academy for Cooperative Research and Development (LINAC).
The Academy endeavors to develop its programmes and interventions with a strong client-orientation and inter-disciplinary perspective to strengthen institutional capabilities and human resources in cooperatives. The Academy organizes various kinds of training programmes throughout the year for the officials of NCDC assisted projects, State Cooperative Departments, Cooperative Federations / Societies and other organizations dealing with agriculture and allied sector. It also conducts training programmes for International participants.
Functional Linkages of LINAC
The Institution during its journey over the years has built up functional collaboration with premier national and international institutions for capacity development interventions in myriad areas
|Centre for International Cooperation and Training in Agricultural Banking (CICTAB)||National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)|
|International Cooperative Alliance (ICA)||Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority (WDRA)|
|Network for Development of Agricultural Cooperatives in Asia and the Pacific (NEDAC)||National Institute of Agricultural Marketing (NIAM)|
|Vaikunth Mehta National Institute of Cooperative Management (VAMNICOM)||National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE)|
|National Horticulture Board (NHB)||National Federation of Urban Cooperative Banks (NAFCUB)|
|Tribal Cooperative Marketing||P.V. Narsimha Rao Telangana|
|Development Federation of India (TRIFED||Veterinary University, Hyderaba|
|National Federation of State Cooperative Banks (NAFSCOB)||Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)|
|Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA)|
Keeping in view to learn, assimilate develop further on the core strengths, experience and institutional objectives of the respective parties in the public interest of advancement of training, action research, studies, consultancy, monitoring, evaluation, system development and technology development in the areas of agriculture and development cooperative sector, NCDC - LINAC has signed various Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) with National Institute of Agriculture Extension Management (MANAGE), Hyderabad, P.V. Narsimha Rao Telangana Veterinary University, Hyderabad and with National Federation of Urban Cooperative Banks and Credit Societies, an organization dedicated to the cooperative movement. The MoUs are non financial and intended to build mutual cooperation between NCDC and mentioned organisations. LINAC has its team of core and resource groups, broadly divided into eleven operational areas.Adopting the contours of the National Training Policy of the Government of India as a systematic approach of training, LINAC conducts Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and designs programs based on client requirements and implements them with basic tenets of pedagogy.
LINAC as Nodal Training Institution at Central Level for FPOs
LINAC is designated as Nodal Training Institution at central level for FPOs registered under Co-operative Societies Act and promoted by NCDC, under Central Sector Schemes on Formation and Promotion of 10,000 Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs).
LINAC - NCDC Fisheries Businesses Incubation Centre (LIFIC)
Under Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) of the Government of India, LIFIC is being set up by LINAC for assisting fisheries cooperatives. LIFIC would extend relevant incubation support to young professionals/ entrepreneurs, progressive fish farmers, fisheries based industries and other entities who will operate in collaboration with fisheries cooperatives at various levels namely, primary, district, state, multi-state or at national federation level.
It would primarily focus on launching business models and handholding them in negotiating myriad of market dynamics with the aim of resulting in sustainable revenue generation and business operations. In essence, the business incubator is the natural next step to technology incubators as it would carry forward new products and innovative business models to market fruition.
LINAC also conducts training and awareness programs, exposure and capacity development programs for Fisheries Cooperatives/ Fisheries Farmers Producers Organisation (FFPOs) under PMMSY.
In the light of clarion call given by Hon’ble Prime Minister to Double the Farmers Income, NCDC embarked upon its SAHAKAR-22 framework under which SAHAKAR PRAGYA related activities, among others, are focused on capacity development of primary cooperatives across the country. NCDC officials have visited and contacted about 10,000 primary cooperatives across the country since April 2019. Based on its experience and core competence of training cooperatives since 1985, and also in the light of new flagship programs of the Government of India, LINAC has expanded its training horizon to meet the needs of primary cooperatives. Shri. Narendra Singh Tomar, Hon'ble Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare unveiled 45 training modules under SAHAKAR PRAGYA of NCDC during 2020-21
FUNCTIONS / ACTIVITIES
- National Training Programmes
- Organizational Development
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development in Cooperative Sector .
- Formulation, Appraisal, Monitoring of Development Projects for Rural Transformation.
- Developing Cooperative Guidance and Consultancy skills.
- Training of Trainers.
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) for young managers in Rural Financing Institutions (RFI)
- Implementation of Integrated Cooperative Development Projects
- Management of Cooperative Banking.
- Management Development Program for Women Cooperators.
- Management Development Programmes (MDP) for Allied sector Cooperative Functionaries (Dairy, Fisheries, and Livestock Piggery etc).
- Management Development Program for Agri-Produce Marketing Cooperatives.
- Emerging Technologies and New Areas for Cooperative Development
- Cyber Security
- Skill Upgradation Program in IT Application
- General Management and Human Resource Management.
- International Training Programmes
- Disaster Risk Management Mainstreaming and Cooperative Development Workshop
- Adopting Area Based Integrated Approach for Inclusive Cooperative Development
- Developing of Managerial Skills for Agriculture Cooperatives and Rural Financing Institutions
- Exchange Programme for Young Agriculturists from Republic of China (Taiwan)
- Advanced Leadership Program on Cooperative Development for Top Level Officers of Cooperative Department
- Emerging Technologies in Agriculture and Allied Sectors for Cooperatives
- Cyber Risks and Mitigation
- Entrepreneurship Development on Seaweed Business By Cooperative
Consultancy and Research
- Training Needs Identification and Analysis
- Development of training systems, programmes and materials.
- Preparation of project reports
- Appraisal and evaluation of projects
- Conduct research and development to evolve new policies, practices and models for developing effective and member centric business enterprises
- Promoting development of cooperative enterprises in agro-processing, industrial sector etc
Promotion and Development
- Fellowships for Faculty Development Programme (FDP) at IIM-Ahmedabad and IIM-Indore to develop professional skills and training capability of cooperative institutions
- Cash awards to meritorious students of Higher Diploma Course (HDC) in Cooperation conducted by ICMs to motivate the students to perform better.
- Study visits for the Directors of BoM, Chairman, CEOs and other key personnel of cooperative societies to good working societies within the country to help them learn success factors and develop conviction and replicate the success..
- Sprawling lush green campus of about 5 acre.
- Adjacent to Delhi-Jaipur Expressway and proximity to Indira Gandhi International Airport.
- State-of-the-Art infrastructure which includes air-conditioned training hall, syndicate rooms, library and Wi-Fi enabled campus.
- Facilities of virtual classrooms equipped with webinars and lectures for e-learning courses
- In-house design studio for production of self-learning videos and developing study materials for offline and online trainings.
- Air-conditioned hostel and dining facilities
- Recreation facilities which includes indoor and outdoor games, mini gym and exercise equipment.
LINAC Regional Training Centres
The Corporation with a view to extend the scope and reach of LINAC and to focus on nurturing the primary level cooperatives has set up 18 regional training centres (RTCs). These centers run different one-day programmes on management of primary level cooperatives of various sectors. The training modules are customized and designed based on the need to equip key functionaries of primary level cooperatives with appropriate knowledge, competencies and mindset to run the societies on cooperatives principles and thrives as rural growth centers.
- During the year 2020-21, LINAC has conducted 67 programs for 4380 participants.
- Cumulatively, the Academy has trained 22878 personnel in 825 training programmes upto March, 2019, of which 150 programmes attended by 4830 personnel were organized under the Government of India assisted Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojna (RKVY) Capacity Building Projects
- During the year 2020-21, LINAC RTCs have conducted 54 Programs for 3696 personnel of Primary Level Cooperatives. Cumulatively, RTCs have trained 4111 personnel through 73 training programs.
- During the year, 2020-21, under Promotional and Development schemes, LINAC has awarded one fellowship for Post-Graduation Diploma in Cooperative Business Management at VAMNICOM, Pune.
- An International Webinar on “Cyber Risks and Mitigation for Cooperatives” for NEDAC and NCDC assisted cooperatives was jointly conducted by LINAC and NEDAC, Bangkok.
- An International Webinar on “Entrepreneurship Development on Seaweed Business by Cooperatives’ was jointly organised by Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Government of India, LINAC-NCDC, Department of Agriculture Cooperation & Farmers Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Government of India and NEDAC, Bangkok.
- Two International programs in collaboration with CICTAB for managerial personnel of their member institutions from SAARC region.
- Two capacity building programs for TSDDCF Officials under Milch Animal Project and two capacity building programs for Officials of line Department of Meghalaya under Meghalaya Milk Mission.
Training Calendar for the year 2022-23 Click Here
- International Collaborative Training Programme on “Adopting Area Based Integrated Approach for Cooperative Development– Experience of NCDC ICDP Scheme in Indian Context” - Click Here
- International Training Programme on Developing Managerial Skills For Agricultural Cooperatives And Rural Financing Institutions - Click Here
- ICDP - Click Here
- Training Programme on “Image Building & PR” - Click Here
- General Management in Primary Level Cooperatives - Click Here
- Business Development and Assets Management in Primary Level Cooperatives - Click Here
- Accounts and Book Keeping in Primary Level Cooperatives - Click Here
- Role of Women Directors in Governance and Business Development in - Cooperatives/SHGs - Click Here