Plot No-89, Sector-18,Institutional Area,
Gurugram, Haryana- 122015
Telephone: + 91124 2349027
Fax:+911242340674, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
NCDC had set up its own training institution in 1985 through a World Bank project. Institution over time has become a major facility for developing competencies of cooperative sector professionals in India and abroad. Building upon strength of the training Institution and to promote research and development in cooperative sector, Government of India in February, 2018 upgraded the institute with a broader mandate for training, research and consultancy and renamed it as Laxmanrao Inamdar National Academy for Cooperative Research and Development (LINAC).
The Academy endeavors to develop its programs and interventions with a strong client-orientation and inter-disciplinary perspective to strengthen institutional capabilities and human resources in cooperatives. The Academy organizes various kinds of training programs throughout the year for the officials of NCDC assisted projects, State Cooperative Departments, Cooperative Federations / Societies and other organizations dealing with agriculture and allied sector. It also conducts training programs for International participants.
Functional Linkages of LINAC
The Institution during its journey over the years has built up functional collaboration with premier national and international institutions for capacity development interventions in myriad areas, as given below:
|Centre for International Cooperation and Training in Agricultural Banking (CICTAB)||National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)|
|International Cooperative Alliance (ICA)||Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority (WDRA)|
|Network for Development of Agricultural Cooperatives in Asia and the Pacific (NEDAC)||National Institute of Agricultural Marketing (NIAM)|
|Vaikunth Mehta National Institute of Cooperative Management (VAMNICOM)||National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE)|
|National Horticulture Board (NHB)||National Federation of Urban Cooperative Banks (NAFCUB)|
|Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED)||P.V. Narsimha Rao Telangana Veterinary University, Hyderabad|
|National Federation of State Cooperative Banks (NAFSCOB)||Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)|
|Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA)|
To assimilate and learn to develop further on the core strengths, experience and institutional objectives of the respective parties in the public interest of advancement of training, action research, studies, consultancy, monitoring, evaluation, system development and technology development in the areas of agriculture and development cooperative sector, NCDC - LINAC has signed various Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with various State Govt. Agricultural Universities. The MoUs are non-financial and intended to build mutual cooperation between NCDC and various organizations. LINAC has its team of core specialists and resource groups, broadly divided into eleven operational areas. Adopting the contours of the National Training Policy of the Government of India as a systematic approach of training, LINAC conducts Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and designs programs based on client requirements, and implements them with basic tenets of pedagogy.
LINAC as Nodal Training Institution at Central Level for FPOs and FFPOs.
LINAC is designated as Nodal Training Institution at central level for FPOs registered under Co-operative Societies Act and promoted by NCDC, under Central Sector Schemes on Formation and Promotion of 10,000 Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) various online training programs were conducted to various stockholders for providing skill development and handholding to various sections of FPO. During 2022-23, LINAC through its Regional Training Centres (RTCs) conducted 18 training programs for the officials of Cluster Based Business Organizations (CBBOs) and FPOs.
LINAC and its 18 RTCs are also nodal training institutions for FFPOs under Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY), among others.
During 2022-23, LINAC conducted 76 training and awareness programs, exposure and capacity development programs for Fisheries Cooperatives/ Fish Farmers Producers Organization (FFPOs) under PMMSY in Pan India.
LINAC-NCDC Fisheries Businesses Incubation Centre (LIFIC)
LINAC-NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LlFIC) - the country’s first-of-its kind, dedicated business incubator was inaugurated by Shri Parshottam Rupala, Hon’ble Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying in presence of Dr. L. Murugan, Minister of State for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, on 16 September 2021. LIFIC has been set up, under the GoI flagship scheme of PMMSY in LINAC, the training and consultancy wing of NCDC, located in Gurugram.
LIFIC has been set up to extend incubation support to young professionals /entrepreneurs, progressive fish farmers, fisheries-based industries and other entities who will operate in collaboration with fisheries cooperatives at various levels namely, primary, district, state, multi-state or at national federation level.
It would primarily focus on launching business models and handholding them in negotiating a myriad of market dynamics with the aim of resulting in sustainable revenue generation and business operations. In essence, the business incubator is the natural next step to technology incubators as it would carry forward new products and innovative business models to market fruition.
Cumulatively, as on 31.03.2023, a total of seven programmes (during 2021-22 , 3 programs benefiting 30 participants and during 2022-23, 4 programmes benefiting 52 participants) under PMMSY were organized at LINAC-NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LIFIC). Cumulatively these programmes have benefitted 82 Young Professionals/ Entrepreneurs/ Progressive Fish Farmers/ Personnel of Cooperatives, associated with Fisheries Business.
Nurturing of primary cooperatives
As on 31.03.2023, NCDC officials have visited and contacted 18,921 primary cooperatives across the country since its inception in April 2019. During FY 2022-23, 4641 primary cooperatives were visited and contacted. Further during FY 2023-24, the focus of NCDC’s Regional Offices (ROs) is on skill development of cooperative societies and on identifying potential societies for generation of proposals.
FUNCTIONS / ACTIVITIES
1. National Training Programs
• National Database Training to Interns and Nodal Officer of States.
• Providing Awareness-cum-Education Training Programs on convergence of Govt. of India Schemes to various sectors.
• Organizational Development
• Entrepreneurship and Business Development in cooperative sector
• Formulation, Appraisal, Monitoring of Development Projects for Rural Transformation
• Training of Trainers
• Implementation of Integrated Cooperative Development Projects
• Management of Cooperative Banking
• Management Development Program for Women Cooperators
• Management Development Programs (MDP) for Allied sector Cooperative Functionaries (Dairy, Fisheries, and Livestock etc.)
• Management Development Program for Agri-Produce Marketing Cooperatives
• Warehousing and Storage Management
• Agri export Promotion through APEDA
• Emerging Technologies and New Areas for Cooperative Development
• Skill Upgradation Program in IT Application and Cyber Security
• General Management and Human Resource Management
2. International Training Programs
• Disaster Risk Management Mainstreaming and Cooperative Development Workshop
• Adopting Area Based Integrated Approach for Inclusive Cooperative Development
• Developing of Managerial Skills for Agriculture Cooperatives and Rural Financing Institutions
• Emerging Technologies in Agriculture and Allied Sectors for Cooperatives
• Entrepreneurship Development on Seaweed Business by Cooperatives
• Online as well as Physical Training Programs for Ministry of External Affairs for FPO Programs & Fishery.
Consultancy and Research
• Training Needs Identification and Analysis
• Development of training systems, programs and materials.
• Preparation of project reports
• Appraisal and evaluation of projects
• Conduct research and development to evolve new policies, practices and models for developing effective and member centric business enterprises
• Promoting development of cooperative enterprises in agro-processing, industrial sector etc.
Promotional and Developmental schemes of NCDC
• Fellowships for Faculty Development Program (FDP) at IIM-Ahmedabad to develop professional skills and training capabilities of faculty members of cooperative institutions
• Fellowship for Post-Graduation Diploma in Cooperative Business Management at VAMNICOM, Pune for development of managerial skills of managers/executives of cooperatives
• Study visits to successful cooperative societies for the Directors of BoM, Chairmen, CEOs and other key personnel of cooperative societies to successful cooperatives societies within the country to help them learn success factors, develop conviction in cooperatives and replicate the success during the financing year 2022-23 state like Mizoram and Tripura have been benefited under this scheme.
• Sprawling lush green campus of about 5 acres
• Adjacent to Delhi-Jaipur Expressway and proximity to Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
• State-of-the-Art infrastructure which includes air-conditioned training hall, syndicate rooms, auditorium, library and Wi-Fi enabled campus.
• Facilities of virtual classrooms equipped with webinars and lectures for e-learning courses.
• In-house design studio for production of self-learning videos and developing study materials for offline and online trainings.
• Air-conditioned hostel and dining facilities.
• Health and Recreation facilities which includes yoga hall, indoor and outdoor games and exercise equipment.
LINAC Regional Training Centres (RTCs)
The Corporation with a view to extend the scope and reach of LINAC and to focus on nurturing the primary level cooperatives has set up 18 Regional Training Centres (RTCs) across the country. The focus of these RTCs is on developing professionalism in primary cooperatives in agriculture and allied sectors. Centers run different programs in regional/vernacular language for primary level cooperatives of various sectors thereby, addressing capacity development requirement. The Programs are customized and designed based on the need to equip key functionaries of primary level cooperatives with appropriate knowledge, competencies and mindset of on cooperatives principles and thrives as rural growth centers. RTCs are undertaking customized training programs as well as awareness cum training programs for FPO cooperatives and Fisheries FPOs with those association with MoU organization and local skill based organization.
Achievements in FY 2022-23
• During the year 2022-23, LINAC has conducted 80 programmes for 7343 participants.
• Cumulatively, more than 45507 personnel have participated in more than1194 training programmes / workshops / webinars organized by LINAC as on 31.03.2023.
• During the year 2022-23, LINAC-RTCs have conducted 165 programmes for 10991 personnel of primaries.
• Ministry of Cooperation, Govt. of India organized seven (7) sector specific workshops at LINAC, Gurugram in 2 phases, with an aim to draft sector specific fields/ parameters of National Cooperative Database. These workshops were organized during 2 to 26 August 2022 and 2 to 5 September 2022, covered various sectors like Dairy, Fisheries, Credit, Sugar, Marketing, Agriculture Input (Manufacturing & Marketing) and Labour.
• Two International programs in collaboration with CICTAB for managerial personnel of their members institutions from SAARC region.
• Four programs for one-month duration at LINAC-NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LIFIC) under overall six months’ incubation period under PMMSY were organized benefiting 68 Young Professionals/ Entrepreneurs/ Progressive Fish Farmers/ Personnel of Cooperatives, associated with Fisheries Business.
• Training programs on Warehouse Management and Scientific Storage in association with Warehouse Development Regulatory Authority were organized for Incharges/ Managers/ Supervisors/ Secretaries of warehouseman of the PACS warehouses.
• During the FY 2022-23, LINAC organized two study visits wherein 30 participants (in two batches of 15 each) from Mizoram visited successful cooperative societies of Kerala and Gujarat.
Training Calendar for the year 2023-24 Click Here : Hindi / English
• International Collaborative Training Programme on “Adopting Area Based Integrated Approach for Cooperative Development– Experience of NCDC ICDP Scheme in Indian Context” - Click Here
• International Training Programme on Developing Managerial Skills For Agricultural Cooperatives And Rural Financing Institutions - Click Here
• Training Programme on “Image Building & PR” - Click Here
• General Management for FPO Cooperatives -English- Click Here
• General Management for FPO Cooperatives -Hindi -Click Here
• Accounts and Book Keeping for FPO Cooperatives -English- Click Here
• Accounts and Book Keeping for FPO Cooperatives- Hindi- Click Here
• Business Development and Assets Management for FPO Cooperatives-English- Click Here
• Business Development and Assets Management for FPO Cooperatives- Hindi- Click Here
• Project Management and Monitoring for FPO Cooperatives -English- Click Here
• Project Management and Monitoring for FPO Cooperatives - Hindi- Click Here
• Role of Women Directors in Governance and Business Development in - Cooperatives/SHGs - Click Here