Poultry is a very important subsidiary activity in rural areas particularly for the landless and weaker sections of the rural community. With a view to develop poultry farming in cooperative sector, the corporation has been extending its assistance to poultry Cooperatives since 1974-75.
Eligible Cooperative Societies:
NCDC provides assistance to primary, district and state level cooperatives, either directly or through State Governments.
- Establishment of cluster of poultry units with rearing capacity ranging from 5000 and more for each unit with low input technology birds as well as hybrid variety birds provision for selling pullets to member farmers for backyard poultry farming.
- Assistance to societies for incubators, hatcheries and accessories for providing Day Old Chicks to societies engaged in poultry activities.
- Assistance for marketing of poultry products by involving producer members.
- Poultry dressing units with a minimum capacity of 300 birds per day.
- Arranging training for members of cooperative societies in collaboration with Govt. of India/State Poultry Training Centers.
- Additional funds to existing Integrated Cooperative Poultry projects already assisted by NCDC towards expansion of existing capacity and margin money. Only such societies, which are doing well and have positive networth will be eligible for sanction of assistance. In addition assistance will also be provided to such societies whose projects are partially completed but functioning and have positive net worth towards their completion and margin money.
Mode of Funding
Financial assistance is provided through the State Govt. or directly to the eligible cooperatives.
Quantum of Assistance and Pattern of Assistance
Varies from activity to activity and upto 90-95% of the total cost for the most of the activities. However, in case of strengthening of share capital base/margin money/working capital assistance, the quantum of assistance can be upto 100%.
Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme
To encourage newly formed cooperatives take advantage of innovative ventures, especially by societies with new/innovative idea, NCDC has introduced a new scheme titled, “Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme” linked to a Cooperative Startup and Innovation Fund created by NCDC.Please click [PDF,21kb,English] for details of the Scheme
Norms for direct funding
Cooperatives operating for minimum three years & broadly fulfilling following criteria are eligible:
- Net worth should be positive
- There should be no erosion in share capital.
- Should be in a position to provide 1.25 to 1.5 times security.
- Financial /operational performance of the cooperative should be at satisfactory level of NCDC.
For detailed norms of Direct Funding please click at the link provided.
Common Loan Application Form for availing assistance under the scheme of NCDC can be downloaded from NCDC’s website.
For further details, please contact or write to:
- Poultry Division
National Cooperative Development Corporation,
4, Siri Institutional Area, Hauz Khas,
New Delhi – 110 016
PABX No.: 26567475, 26569246
Fax: +91-011-26962370, 26516032
- Regional Directorates of NCDC: Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram