In pursuance of Gazette Notification, dated 16.09.2012, 13.01.2003 and 21.06.2018 of Govt. of India, Ministry of Agriculture (Department of Agriculture & Cooperation), following services have been included under “Service Cooperatives for financing by NCDC :-
- Agricultural credit through Cooperatives;
- Assistance to Credit cooperatives for creation of infrastructures;
- Assistance to Service Cooperatives for activities like Healthcare, Education, Tourism & Hospitality, Transport, Renewable & Non-conventional source of energy and Rural Housing;
- Labour cooperatives;
- Water conservation works/services, irrigation, micro-irrigation in rural areas undertaken by the Cooperatives;
- Animal care/health, disease prevention through Cooperatives;
- Rural sanitation/ drainage/ sewage systems through Cooperatives.
- Agricultural Insurance through cooperatives
- Under agricultural credit, working capital assistance is provided to Agriculture Credit Cooperatives (PACS, PCARDBs, DCCBs, SCARDBs and SCBs etc.) towards meeting short-term credit requirements of their members for production/working capital/contingency credit needs for farm and non-farm activities. The assistance is provided against securities like pledge of Fixed Deposit Receipts, hypothecation of receivables, Bank guarantee, mortgage of assets, State Government guarantee, etc. to the satisfaction of the Corporation.
- Under infrastructural credit, assistance is provided for creation, modernization, expansion, repairs, renovation etc. of infrastructural facilities such as branch/office building, counters, strong rooms, safe deposit vaults, vehicles, furniture & fixtures etc. of Agricultural Credit Cooperatives.
- The scheme for development of Labour Cooperatives will broadly cover the following:
- Strengthening of Share Capital base/Margin Money assistance to Labour Cooperatives
- Purchase of construction related machines and equipment, tools and tackles loading/unloading/packing equipment as relevant to labour cooperatives
- Establishment/Construction of Service Complex/ Godown by Labour Cooperatives
For application from Click here.
Activities Funded by NCDC
- Agriculture Credit
- Infrastructure Credit
- Credit for activities Like Healthcare, Education, Tourism & Hospitality, Transport, Renewable & Non-conventional source of energy and Rural Housing
- Agriculture Insurance
- Labour Cooperatives
- Water Conservation works/services
- Irrigation, micro irrigation in rural areas
- Animal care/health disease prevention
- Rural sanitation/ Drainage/ Sewage system through Cooperatives
Eligible Cooperative Societies:
NCDC provides assistance to primary, district and state level cooperatives, either directly or through State Governments
Mode of Funding
Financial assistance is provided through the State Govt. or directly to the eligible cooperatives.
Quantum of Assistance and Pattern of Assistance
Varies from activity to activity and upto 90-95% of the total cost for the most of the activities. However, in case of strengthening of share capital base/margin money/working capital assistance, the quantum of assistance can be upto 100%.
For detailed pattern of assistance please click at the link provided.
Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme
To encourage newly formed cooperatives take advantage of innovative ventures, especially by societies with new/innovative idea, NCDC has introduced a new scheme titled, “Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme” linked to a Cooperative Startup and Innovation Fund created by NCDC..Please click for details of the Scheme
Norms for direct funding
Cooperatives operating for minimum three years & broadly fulfilling following criteria are eligible:
- Net worth should be positive
- There should be no erosion in share capital.
- Cash profit in last three years and net profit in two years
- Should be in a position to provide 1.25 to 1.5 times security.
For detailed norms of Direct Funding please click at the link provided.
Common Loan Application Form for availing assistance under the scheme of NCDC can be downloaded from NCDC’s website.
For further details, please contact or write to:
- Chief Director
4, Siri Institutional Area, Hauz Khas,
New Delhi – 110 016
PABX No.: +91-011-26965346
Fax: +91-011-26962370, 26516032
- Regional Directorates of NCDC: Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram