Name of Regional Directorate: Ranchi
Address of Regional Directorate: M-23/DS, Harmu Housing Colony, Near BJP Office,Harmu, Ranchi, Jharkhand, Pin- 834002
Name of Regional Director: Shri Sreedharan K N
Contact details:Tel-0651-2972194; Fax-0651-2241494 E-mail: [email protected],
Cooperatives in Jharkhand:
|S. No.||Category of Societies||Number|
|1||State Level Cooperative Organizations (representing Marketing, Dairy Handloom Weavers, Fishermen, Sericulture, Oilseed, Sheep & Goat, Credit and Banking)/ Regional Federation||11|
|2||District Central Cooperative Banks||1|
|3||Primary Credit Cooperative Societies/ LAMPS||4394|
|4||Other type of societies||4497|
Implementation of NCDC Programmes:
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2019, NCDC has provided total disbursement of Rs. 148.78 crore benefitting various cooperative projects/units as follows:
|S. No.||Scheme/Activity||Cumulative Disbursement as on 31-03-2018 (Rs. in crore)|
|1||Marketing & Inputs||4.00|
|4||Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP)||133.47|
Achievements during last 5 years (Up to 31.03.2019)
|Year||Assistance(Rs. in crore)||Disbursements|
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant achievements/ issues during the last 5 years (2014-15 to 2018-19):
- Rs.9.74 crore released towards Poultry Development Projects by Jharkhand Women’s Self Supporting Poultry Cooperative Federation Ltd., Ranchi through member cooperatives. Under the scheme, financial assistance has been provided for setting up of Hatchery, Feed Mill, Retail shops, construction and expansion of poultry sheds, Margin Money, Training & Extension etc. More than 4000 tribal/weaker section women producer members have been benefitted.
- Rs.4.00 crore released towards margin money for procurement and marketing of lac by JASCOLAMPF, helping lac farmers.
- ICDP, the flagship programme of NCDC has been implemented in 18 Districts of the State and is under implementation in 3 Districts. So far, NCDC has released Rs.133.47 crore to the Govt. of Jharkhand for all round development of these districts through cooperatives.
- Rs.1.00 crore has released to VEGFED for setting up of cold storage unit.
- Rs.0.57crore released to JASCOLAMPF for setting up of T&P Cell & for Ujjawala K.S.S.S.S. Ltd under CSR scheme.
Weaker Section Programmes:
Marketing & Inputs:
Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP):
Promotional & Developmental Programmes:
New Initiatives in the Region during Year F.Y. 2019-20:
- Collection of data from 200 PACS/Primary Cooperatives during 2019-20.
- Pushing for financial assistance under Direct Funding Scheme
- Pushing for financial assistance under weaker section programmes like fishery poultry/dairy etc.
Initiatives for development of Aspirational Districts(identified by NITI Aayog) through Cooperatives:
Emphasis is now to contribute to development of Aspirational Districts identified by NITI Aayog in the State. Out of 24 districts in the State, 19 viz. (1) Ranchi (2) Lohardaga (3) Gumla (4) Simdega (5) Palamu (6) Latehar (7) Garhwa (8) West Singhbhum (9) East Singhbhum (10) Dumka (11) Hazaribag (12) Chatra (13) Giridih (14) Bokaro (15) Ramgarh (16) Khunti (17) Sahebganj (18) Pakur (19) Godda. All the 19 Aspirational Districts have already been benefitted under either ICDP or Poultry projects implemented in the State. Presently, ICDP is being implemented in 3 Aspirational Districts and the State Government is taking steps for preparation of DPR for implementation of ICDP in 3 more Aspirational Districts.
NCDC Regional Awards for year 2018-19:
|PACS||Excellence:-Namkum LAMPS, Ranchi District|
|Women Cooperative||Excellence:-Potka Grameen Poultry Cooperative Society Ltd.|
|Merit:-Peterwar Grameen Poultry Self Supporting Cooperative Society Ltd.|
Development Opportunities in the State/UT through Cooperatives:
- Implementation of ICDP Phase -2 in selected Districts of State.
- Converting PACS into Modern Banking Unit.
- Creating additional storage capacity by Cooperatives in rural areas.
- Creation of infrastructure facilities by Dairy Cooperatives under CSISAC Scheme.
- Focus on Weaker Sections Programme.
- The society was started with a milk booth, selling milk and other dairy products of “Sudha”. The society started its business with a capital of Rs.50000/- only, after receiving financial assistance under the NCDC’s flagship scheme ICDP being implemented in Bokaro from 2014, the endeavour of society to improve its business operations and expansion of business activities finally started taking shape and turnover increased to Rs.33.053 lakh in 2018.
- As on 31/03/2018, society has 52 members. Presently the society is having one cyber café, one consumer store and own office. The consumer store of the society is equipped with CC TV, Bar code reader, Billing machine & POS machine like facility. With these activities, the society has been able to give regular employment to 12 members with the salary of Rs.3000.00 per month and employment to 15-20 members on occasions.
- Thus, the story of the Ashalata Vikalang Sahayog Samiti is a very good example of will power of its differently abled members, not only to overcome their limitations but also improving the socio-economic status of its members and the timely support by State Government/NCDC.
Ashalata Vikalang Vikas Sahayog Samiti Ltd., Bokaro: